The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this problem for about 3 years. Mirrors move what seems to be diagonal won't move up and down properly. Now have two new mirrors and new switch and still have the same problem. I'm not sure where to go next. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Are the switches for your mirrors aftermarket or stock?
I've had the same problem with aftermarket mirrors and stock switches, i think it's more of a problem with the drive motors in the mirrors.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
factory switch, one aftermarket mirror one factory one at this point.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
I would say the mirror that's aftermarket is at fault, ( drive motor)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was my thought too. That's why I bought a new one but it is aftermarket also. Still the same issue

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is the other thing that is odd on this.. if I use jumper wires and plug that connects to the switch I can make the mirror move exactly as it should. which would lead you to belive the switch is bad.. I have been through 3 switches at this point. my oe one, an aftermarket one and now onto a new oe one.. really strange

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Yeah that's a bit weird, what are the colors of the wires going to the mirrors?
You will need to test all the wires on the switches with a multi-meter, so you know you have all functions , then it will rule out the drive motors on the mirrors.
What brand of mirrors have you?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
success. finally found the issue.. found a broken wire in the door harness.. wiring issues are no fun.. this circuit was a pain to chase since they are floating circuits.. thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Glad to hear you found the cause of the problem , what color was the broken wire?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it was one of the yellow wires from the switch to the right side mirror.. was a bear to find. it will in the middle of the harness in the rubber that goes from the door to the body, buried in the middle of the harness bundle.. have no clue how it broke where it was.. but was a clean break.. I guess it just fatigued over the years. solder and shrink and back in business

1 - 10 of 10 Posts