The Diesel Stop banner

Power Steering Fuild Leak '2014 F550

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NYB 
#1 ·
Here is a good one...I have a 2014 F550 Four Winds Motorhome with 6.7L that is having an issue that the dealer can't figure out. After 6K miles it has started leaking power steering fluid out of the cap after shut off. There is no leak anywhere in the system and it doesn't to it every time out. I did a test last week to see what exactly is happening, and after shutting off I could see the level in the reservoir start to rise so I went and started back up and watched the level go back down. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
it has started leaking power steering fluid out of the cap after shut off. There is no leak anywhere in the system and it doesn't to it every time out. I did a test last week to see what exactly is happening, and after shutting off I could see the level in the reservoir start to rise so I went and started back up and watched the level go back down.

When you did your test last week, did you turn the steering wheel with the engine off?

When the fluid in the reservoir started to rise, was that with you doing nothing, or with you turning the wheels?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.