The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I tried doing a search but it doesn't seem to be working right now?

I noticed the long bolt that runs through the steering pump bracket is missing. Does anyone know what size is needed? Since it screws into the block, I'm guessing it's standard threads?

On a side note, does anyone know of a thread/site that lists most of the common fastener sizes used on these trucks?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It's been awhile, but I think it is a 1/2"x13 TPI All I remember about its length, is that it is long.

·
Super Moderator
25,439 Posts
Didn't Ford /IH go to metric by 1990? I would confirm before buying a new bolt in 1/2 -13.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I read conflicting info on the thread/size of that bolt. I found a used bracket install kit and ordered it. I was unsure if there was a spacer used with the long bolt, but the kit has one, so I guess I should use it, rather than just buying a bolt at Home Depot. This time, I'll Loctite the dang bolt in.

·
Registered
11,863 Posts
Didn't Ford /IH go to metric by 1990? I would confirm before buying a new bolt in 1/2 -13.
Thankfully no, the only metric bolts engine-wise I recall are the one or two mounting the vacuum pump, odd as it seems. Then if I remember right, the crossmember to frame bolts are metric.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts