The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to look at the truck Saturday morning. I'm very familiar with the body/interior, and reasonably-so with the chassis; but not yet with the engine. The owner says it runs fine & drives OK, but the pedal goes to the firewall which he thinks is a bad vacuum pump. I think it's either a bad MC or a problem in the rear brakes (which I assume are drums). It has a hidden GN in the bed (no pics - he thinks it's a Ridgid brand, which I doubt), and F&R 2" receivers, but not many other mods that I can see. IDK how much rust there is under it, but we don't have much salt around here. All the photos I have are here:

(phone app link)

292Kmi
A/C works
Passenger PW doesn't
Noisy u-joint in front d'shaft
Tires are ~3 years old

What should I look for on the engine? I plan to bring a scanner, DMM, flashlight, & mirror. Assuming everything he says is true, and I don't find any other problems, what's a reasonable price range?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Scanner might not get you far unless you have the right one. As far as the hide-away hitch in the box...if the ball is in there make sure you can take it out. I use B&W hitches but had one in a '92 that was stuck. Hope to get it out this winter as I turn it into a trailer, will disassemble from below and probably have to press it out! Price wise, I'll say $2499

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all the support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts