The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! For the past few years you all have been a amazing resource and I figured why not finally join, especially after recently purchasing a "new to me" 2006 F250 6.0 psd. I help maintain a fleet of 22 Peterbilt road tractors and this truck is my ride to work and sometimes I have to go on repair calls. I also pull playtoys and junk. It has 57k miles on it and I would kind of like to take some precautionary measures to keep some costly problems at bay. I've already got the water filter kit in the shopping cart and intend on doing a complete coolant system flush, but I'm curious if I should purchase a EGR delete. The De-gas bottle isn't seeping coolant and doesn't seem to have and excessive amount of pressure. Ive also been monitoring my EOT/ECT, running it very aggressive or lightly it averages 192*EOT/ 195*ECT which is a slight difference. Would it be worth the delete?

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
I would suggest the EGR delete for starters. It should help prevent any form of EGR cooler failure. DO NOT use chemicals during your flush. With your current temp split just flush out the anitfreeze, use your choice of recommended ELC or Ford Gold. Maybe an oil bypass filter??

Second I'd suggest drive that rig. It doesn't need to sit. Anything else is going to be supporting mods for performance increases so ENJOY that low mileage 6.0L!!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
It sounds like you have a good running '06 truck. Recommend keeping up with oil and fuel filter changes (no aftermarket stuff) and considering use of 5w-40 oil.

A coolant flush and replacement is probably due. A transmission oil and filter change also.

Then just run it and enjoy your truck.

Lou Braun

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Looking at your numbers they are turned around the oil is always hotter but the number look good. Need to get a coolant filter on it and do a Restore flush if you feel lucky then do a Restore+ flush then add Cat EC-1 Rated coolant as stated use 5w40 Syn oil and only Ford or Racor Filters your injectors will like you for it.
2 stroker:ford:

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
DO NOT use chemicals during your flush.
Not the best advice unless you absolutely know that the nitrite level has been maintained and know where it currently is and since the man bought the truck used and it is six years old a proper chemical flush would be prudent. A chemical flush and iron cleaner will prepare the engine for a fresh layer of additives by removing any corrosion and depleted anti-corrosion chemical film. This is the purpose of flushing the system and installing new coolant in the first place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts