The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the Predator on a manual trans truck. If so how is off the line performance? Better or about the same as stock?

Right now my delima is the Edge/attitude for the low boost fuel adjustability or the value added features of the Predator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

All points of view would be appreciated.

Justin

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't have a 6 speed truck, but I can comment on how the performance is between the Edge/Attitude and Predator. The predator has much more lag than the Attitude. The predator lag feels almost identical to stock, but obviously is a HUGE difference once the boost starts rocking. The low boost fueling adjustment makes a big difference in response from idle compared to the predator and stock. In a 6 speed, I'd DEFINITELY go with the Edge/Attitude since the only problem with the Edge is shifting in the autos. Most people are going with the Predator mainly due to great shifting on the autos.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was what I was thinking. I just needed another set of eyes to look at the situation.

I may wait until some of the Banks units hit the streets and get some real world miles logged then revisit the idea of more power.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have the edge and diablo off the line with the diablo it wants to break my tires loose but it doesn't with the edge it lights them up and keep in mind I have 38x15.5 tires

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good question seeing how I have a 6 speed on order.
Anymore opinions?
Geno

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not really looking to light-um-up, even thought it is quite fun to show the rice burners a thing or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif, the 6-spd gets to the top of the RPM band much too soon for spinning tires.

I'm looking for more low end off the line, get the load moving, trailer towing, without having to slip the clutch, grunt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif.

Exhaust is on the list for reducing temps as are gages to keep an eye on things.

Justin

·
Registered
245 Posts
with the lightin them up I was just usin that as an example that I feel the Edge has more power bottom end to be able to do this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts