The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they any good or should I stay away? I have heard about filter fitmet issues in the past. Any idea's?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have not personnally used them. I stick to international and only ford when IH are backorderd or not available. They are not that expensive $18 for oil, $35 for both fuel.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that is what I typically buy myself. BUT, I can buy 3 oil filters and a fuel filter "kit" for $44 shipped. Sounds too good to be true doesn't it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. The Ford/IH filters are probably expensive for a reason.

·
Premium Member
7,228 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 02PSDV8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, that is what I typically buy myself. BUT, I can buy 3 oil filters and a fuel filter "kit" for $44 shipped. Sounds too good to be true doesn't it? </div></div>

Considering that 3 oil filters alone are more than that and the fuel filters are nearly that price at most places, I would be very leary of anyplace where you could get 3 oil filters and a fuel filter kit for that money.... It would be nice, but I suspect the quality will not be there and I don't think it's a good plan to scrimp on the items whose job it is to keep the crap out of these systems. I think I would pass on it but that is just my opinion.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check ebay and search for 6.0 powerstroke filters. Several people selling "Premium Guard" brand for short money and they say "OEM quality". Feedback is also excellent.

·
Registered
548 Posts
From what I've read, the Premium Guard filters are made in China. For what that's worth.

·
Premium Member
7,228 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 02PSDV8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check ebay and search for 6.0 powerstroke filters. Several people selling "Premium Guard" brand for short money and they say "OEM quality". Feedback is also excellent. </div></div>

The vast majority of feedback left on ebay has to do with such factors as speed of payment, speed of delivery and such things. For the most part, that feedback is left well before anyone ever attempts to use the item they bought, so in terms of the quality of the filters, I don't think it tells you much.

Those filters may be perfectly fine, I don't know and have no desire to experiment to find out. IMHO, the small savings that can be had by buying an off brand filter is not worth the risk to a multi-thousand dollar engine...... You may think differently and that is OK with me, it's your truck and your money.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well said... Ok, you talked me out of it. Your right- my $50k dollar truck deserves the name brand stuff! Thanks for the feedback guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts