The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 Ford F350 7.3 L Powerstroke is starting to build up too much pressure in the radiator. My clutch fan went out and started to overheat the truck while Towing. Now the upper radiator hose blew off and I replaced the host plant thinking that it was just weak. The radiator is still putting out too much pressure. I have not yet replaced the clutch fan or the thermostat. I was told that it could be the injector cups and I wanted more opinions before I started throwing money at it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Have you replaced the degas bottle cap ever? i would think that would bleed off pressure before a hose was blown. Is there and sign of oil or fuel in the coolant. Or water or fuel in the oil?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No oil in coolant or coolant in oil. I didnt smell diesel in the coolant or oil. Is there a way to tell other than that?

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
I would think head gasket.

How fast does it build pressure?

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ArcticDriver

·
Registered
533 Posts
How is it running other than getting hot? A system not holding proper pressure can cause an overheating issue.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would replace the thermostat and test again

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say that the head gasket is out cause thats was was going on with my dads 7.3L but if you wanted to replace the thermostat you can but i highly doubt that that is the problem

·
Registered
533 Posts
Start with the most expensive way to maybe fix it and then work backwards from there.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Start with the most expensive way to maybe fix it and then work backwards from there.
Buy a new truck????????????????

This problem would be solved and new ones created.

·
Super Moderator
25,753 Posts
I vote for replacing the degas bottle cap (under $20), and checking the fan clutch, replacing that if necessary.
Or you could go the new truck route like bugman suggests. LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
checking the fan clutch, replacing that if necessary.
He already said was bad. But for some reason also said he still hasn't replaced it......

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts