The Diesel Stop banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site was very helpful to me in 2003 when I ordered my F350 and afterwards answering my questions. I still have that truck. 3 weeks ago I ordered a new Ford Focus. Ford Marketing still does not have a VIN or an ETA for it. I notice on my order confirmation there is something that says "Priority: 99". Does anyone know what that means? Does it means that later orders may be filled before mine? If so, am I near the end of the line and how long will that take? When I ordered, the salesman said about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dminz....from what I was reading over at another Ford site, you want to get that priority OFF of 99....that just means it's "On hold" to order. You need to get it to Priority 10 for Retail/Sold status or Priority 20 for "Stock"....meaning dealer stock order. Dealer stock orders....20...get built first....then they move to 10 after that. A bunch of us are ordering 2017 Superdutys and the priority varies on how soon you get your truck. Some don't want to be "20" as these are the first truck to roll down the line. First trucks in a brand new model. Most are settling to leave it at 10...which equates to maybe a few weeks later then a 20 might get there. Some say 20s get built and sit out on the lot for awhile before delivery to dealers, as a 10 is built more "for you directly" and gets shipped ASAP as soon as it leaves the line. I'm just going by what I have read and learned in the last few weeks. Some of this may be incorrect, so feel free to chime in if anyone else knows more on the priorities. All I know is mine was at 99 when he printed the paper and I was told to get it changed as fast as possible.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, kenval. If anyone else has information, please post. I am wondering why it was put on 99---just the dealer's choice? And what would make them do it? Is there any recourse other than asking them nicely for 10-19?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Lower the priority number the faster it will be built. What Kenval is finding is that with new models they will build the priority 20's first until they get any production bugs worked out. Once they get those then the 10's and lower will start.

Since yours is a focus which is not a new build then priority 10's will get built before 20's. A vehicle sold takes priority over one for the dealer lot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Who's your dealer? I see your in SA along with me. I would call them and ask them to look in the order bank and tell you what the Order Priority shows now. It may have changed since they printed it for you. I also have a Focus as my second car...gas mileage car....Patrick Swayze Roadhouse car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Elkhounds for adding that. Yes....since the Focus is not a new build...Priority 10 will go before 20 in this case. Just give your salesman a call today and he/she should be able to look for you and get it moved if it wasn't already.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Could it be the printout he gave you was the "rough draft" for you to review. My dealer will build it all out (maybe even a couple scenarios) then save the order and print it out for me to review first, and it always say 99. Then after I say ok he goes in and confirms the order, but I usually don't get a new printout of that.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called my salesman today and asked why my vehicle order confirmation had Order Type 2 (stock order, not sold, no customer assigned) and Priority 99 (vehicle processing on hold) and he told me that it wasn't and didn't know why the confirmation said that. I asked for the DORA and he emailed it to me. It shows Order Type 1, as it should, and Priority 10 which is as good as you can normally get. But instead of "New Order" it shows "Alter Order". So it's not the original DORA. The order originally went in as a Type 2 with Priority 99 and there was a DORA that reflected that. Then they changed it later.

I started asking questions about the priority about 2 weeks after the order. They may have made the change then. If so, the VIN and the car will be two weeks behind schedule. That's not a problem if the manufacturer's $2000 incentive isn't reduced before I get the car. Then I'll be really angry if the delay costs me money. The salesman pleads innocent so he has given no reason for this. I'm guessing that they had an allocation problem, didn't want to tell me there would be a delay, figured I'd never catch on. Chapparal Ford, Devine, Texas.

The lesson here is to carefully look at your vehicle confirmation order when it is given to you, understand it, make sure it is the way you want it. I found some great information to help me understand this stuff here: http://www.raptorforumz.com/threads/alocations-and-ordering-process-explained.2346/

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I called my salesman today and asked why my vehicle order confirmation had Order Type 2 (stock order, not sold, no customer assigned) and Priority 99 (vehicle processing on hold) and he told me that it wasn't and didn't know why the confirmation said that. I asked for the DORA and he emailed it to me. It shows Order Type 1, as it should, and Priority 10 which is as good as you can normally get. But instead of "New Order" it shows "Alter Order". So it's not the original DORA. The order originally went in as a Type 2 with Priority 99 and there was a DORA that reflected that. Then they changed it later.

I started asking questions about the priority about 2 weeks after the order. They may have made the change then. If so, the VIN and the car will be two weeks behind schedule. That's not a problem if the manufacturer's $2000 incentive isn't reduced before I get the car. Then I'll be really angry if the delay costs me money. The salesman pleads innocent so he has given no reason for this. I'm guessing that they had an allocation problem, didn't want to tell me there would be a delay, figured I'd never catch on. Chapparal Ford, Devine, Texas.

The lesson here is to carefully look at your vehicle confirmation order when it is given to you, understand it, make sure it is the way you want it. I found some great information to help me understand this stuff here: http://www.raptorforumz.com/threads/alocations-and-ordering-process-explained.2346/

Thanks for all your help.
Customer orders always get built before stock UNLESS it is a brand new model year. Stock orders are always built until they have had 5 days of builds with no issues found in a row. Once that has happened, they start building customer orders. So sometimes ordering as stock can get it faster at the very beginning.

99 is just an order put on hold by the dealer.. meaning a customer can walk in and say I'd like this car but I don't want it built just yet (budgets, rebates, fleet - many reasons). The dealer can enter it as 99 and it will never get built but it's in the system.

Another example is if they dealer knows there is an issue with builds at the moment and want to hold your order, they can put it in as 99 and once the issues clear, they change it.

You don't need a 10 for a vehicle to get built. Anything under 20 is just fine for any customer order on a dealer that has allocation. If it was a small town dealer that only gets a couple a month, then yes that is where a 10 comes in to play.

Also, your dealer can lock in your $2,000 rebate so you don't lose it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've talked to Ford Marketing as well as the dealer and they both say that the rebate is what's in effect at the time of delivery. It may be more or less compared to when the car was ordered. Or it may have disappeared. If you have other information, please give me the details and who to contact about it. As I understand it, Ford does not guarantee the rebate to the dealer when ordered, so the dealership would risk losing $2000 if it guaranteed it to the customer.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The main reason I ordered my truck from the dealer I used was because they were the only local dealer that would lock in the incentives. They told me some dealers don't have the status with Ford to lock in the rebates but most of them just don't want to be bothered with the paper work. It took 8 weeks to get my truck and $1500 of the rebates had expired by then but they gave me the deal we agreed to. I bought on X plan so the price was the same no matter where I bought it.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I've talked to Ford Marketing as well as the dealer and they both say that the rebate is what's in effect at the time of delivery. It may be more or less compared to when the car was ordered. Or it may have disappeared. If you have other information, please give me the details and who to contact about it. As I understand it, Ford does not guarantee the rebate to the dealer when ordered, so the dealership would risk losing $2000 if it guaranteed it to the customer.
Info is on right side. They can call the number or lock it in through the system stated. Ignore the year on it, it still is the same now as it was then.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that. I called that number and the program is still in operation and it is open to all dealers regardless of size. I'm going to visit my dealer on Monday or Tuesday to see if I can talk them into using the program at least for my order. I'll let you know what happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.