The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a turn on/turn off switch for PM's.

I'm asking because I have sent a few messages during the course of my membership but they do not appear in my Sent folder. Out of curiosity I asked DJ to send me a message. I didn't receive it. I think there might be a glitch in the system, at least in my case.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vivian

P.S. If anyone has ever sent me a message, I apologize for not responding, but I did not receive it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a turn on/turn off switch for PM's.

I'm asking because I have sent a few messages during the course of my membership but they do not appear in my Sent folder. Out of curiosity I asked DJ to send me a message. I didn't receive it. I think there might be a glitch in the system, at least in my case.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vivian

P.S. If anyone has ever sent me a message, I apologize for not responding, but I did not receive it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a box that must be checked when you send a PM to save it.

Look for this.
[ QUOTE ]
I want to keep a copy of my message

[/ QUOTE ] under the text box.

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I have sent a few messages during the course of my membership but they do not appear in my Sent folder.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they never will unless you put a tic mark in the box for "I want to keep a copy of this message." That box is below the editor screen where you write your PM.

There's also another tic box for "I want to receive a read receipt". Same rule: If you don't tick mark it, then you won't receive a read receipt when the person you sent it to opens it up to read it.

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity I asked DJ to send me a message. I didn't receive it. I think there might be a glitch in the system, at least in my case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect you have PMs turned off in your My Home. Or have you gone into My Home and looked at "Received Private Messages"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I have to check off to keep my sent messages.

I saw a message that I responded to but did not show a sent for it so I responded again and I stil didn't see a sent for it. Now I understand.

Vivian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts