The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my tranny has been shifting crazy so I decided to change the throttle position sensor (now I think my problems are more related to my tach sensor that I know is also bad), the info I got online says to warm up the engine so the high idle is off then with key on and engine off set the sensor so idle voltage is 1.2 and full throttle voltage is 4.5. problem is with idle set at 1.2 full throttle was about 3.8~ so I set full throttle right at 4.5 and then idle was 1.5+(a little over 1.5).
It's a new Napa sensor.
Any suggestions on how I should set it up?
I left it at 4.5 at full throttle, figured it was safer to have more line pressure that way. The tranny is better but after more reading I'm almost certain my problem is more related to my tach sensor and I've got a new one on the way.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
There is only one side you can set, I don't remember which one, but the other voltage is where it is going to be. You can probably look up the proper way to set it. Look up some of Mark Kovalsky's old posts, it should be in one or two of them. I have never seen where he gave any bad advise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I googled it and every place I found said you needed to adjust both idle and wide open. I think the info I was going on was a Ford service bulletin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts