The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 6.0 and as of yesterday my 7 blade trailer plug is shot. Ive had issues with the cluster flickering and i can hear it arc sometimes back in the panel. But my main focus is being able to tow. The only wire on my 7 blade thats showing a reading on my tester is TM. I figure id have to replace the whole harness but my issue is nobody (auto parts stores) can pull up a part for it. I was wondering if someone has had the same issue and can point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
257 Posts
All trailer wiring is standard unless some guy built his own trailer and didn't follow the standard. You can get a new plug from any auto parts store. Walmart has a rv section wherte they sell plugs with a pig tail attached. You can check www.etrailer.com They have everything and maybe something plug and play.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on! my problem is on the truck side not the trailer side. Ive checked fuses and replaced 7 blade port and plug.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Before you start to throw a lot of parts at it get a tester and figure out where the problem is. When you sat the trailer plug is shot do you mean busted/corroded/ cracked, or just has no power to the poles. The first thing I would do is pull the dash and figure out what is happening before a fire starts.
DENNY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts