The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
it works that way thanks. Just hit edit a couple of times.

·
Administrator
1,332 Posts
Think I've seen this error, or a similar one, present on another site. Had some success with getting users to switch what "Message Editor Interface" they were using on the site. Can someone who is having these glitches give it a try?

Go to UserCP>Edit Options>Miscellaneous Options

From there you can choose which Message Editor Interface you are using. Default is Enhanced, so try switching to Standard or Basic (basic has zero extra abilities though. All you can do is type)

Kevin

·
Registered
315 Posts
Changed to standard. Will try that for a while

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I get the 'not responding' error all the time and have to reload it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
After the change I made, no change in operation. Have to recover the page all the time. Part of the problem may be my int connection or IE. I would switch browsers except too many of my sites require IE. Firefox is much faster so I may fix up something just for this site.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You guys must have done something. Has not locked up one time this morning. It seems the adv's are loading faster. Still have to hit thedit button twice to edit. I hit edit....screen resets...hit it again and I get the normal edit function of years past. I may just go lifetime and see it that improves things After all this site has saved me a lot of money over the years.

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
I get the 'not responding' error all the time and have to reload it.
Yep, I just got it about 4 minutes ago on another section here. A window pops up saying "Thedieselstop is not responding, windows is searching for a solution". Then a banner appears at to bottom of the page with a window saying "recover webpage" for me to click on. Happens very frequently here and very rarely on other sites.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have. It seems better. Just have to wait and see.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I still find it loads slow on my IPad Air II, but it does at least keep up with key strokes.

On my laptop, running windows 10 and Edge, it is still extremely laggy, and I can type a whole sentence before I see two letters.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Seems a little better

·
Administrator
1,332 Posts
Hey chuckster57 - on your laptop, can you test how the site runs on other browsers to compare?

redtopman - glad to hear it's running a little better for you. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
I run Firefox all the time and have had no problems with this site or others.

That is as long as my ISP has their act together.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey chuckster57 - on your laptop, can you test how the site runs on other browsers to compare?

redtopman - glad to hear it's running a little better for you. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers,
Natalie
Everything seems normal to me. Running W10 on a mi-fi IE11. on the road right now.

·
Registered
352 Posts
chrome works flawlessly.

·
Registered
80 Posts
this web site is barely useable.......I frezes, typing lags, pagfes takea long tim to load. I on't have trouble at any oter sites that I can think of as u can see typing is nt fun
am not a premum member. if i do and this site is still a pain will i get a refund?

i went back and edited this so that someone could understand it
I had the same problem with ALL forum websites that I use.
Internet Explorer does not like all the ads that the forums run.
I use google chrome and dont have any problems whatsoever.
GL

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
With the amount of time I spend here anymore, I just deal with it. No issues anywhere else so I don't see any reason to install a different browser just for TDS.

Reactions: LMJD

·
Super Moderator
25,406 Posts
With the amount of time I spend here anymore, I just deal with it. No issues anywhere else so I don't see any reason to install a different browser just for TDS.
I switched to Firefox when the Win10 upgrade made Edge the default browser because Edge threw away features that IE 11 had such as printing a selected portion of a page. In Microsoft-speak that's an "upgrade". :frown2:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts