The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The XL and maybe XLT's give you the manual regen option from the factory without doing this mod.
Only if you paid for the option to do the regen. I think the option was priced at $250.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Only if you paid for the option to do the regen. I think the option was priced at $250.
Larrgh, Do you know if this option can be programmed after the fact at a local dealer?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not aware of it being available after the fact. I know one can purchase a monitoring device such as the Edge Insite CTS/CTS2 and perform a manual regen.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The % DPF or "ghost" gauge can now be programmed by Forscan on a PC connected to a Bluetooth adapter in the ODBII port. Look for it in another thread.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used Forscan yesterday to add the DPF screen. While I was at it, I changed the rear tire pressures to 65, and added DTRL. Awesome!
You need a PC to do this on Windows like SkiSmuggs stated. New icon on left side of menu allows some changes.

Be careful not to mess too much with the "as-built" files, might cause a trip to the dealer!

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You can download the as built files for your truck form Ford as a safety factor. Not sure ForSCAN allows you to save the original as built data.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ForSCAN does not charge. They accept donations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm hoping that you folks can help me out here. I've enabled the DPF % through Forscan multiple times, only to have it revert back to disabled. I cant seem to get it to stick. When I click the "write" button it completes without an issue. After a key off on cycle, the option goes back to disabled. Ive also tried different Bluetooth and WiFi ODB adapters. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

2011 F350 KR DRW Job 1.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would remove and reinstall the latest software version on your tablet or PC....if no luck, post the issue on the Forscan forum boards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm hearing good things about the OBDLink MX version adapters, I'm going to get my hands on one of them and see if it makes a difference. It could be the cheap adapters I'm trying to use.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm hearing good things about the OBDLink MX version adapters, I'm going to get my hands on one of them and see if it makes a difference. It could be the cheap adapters I'm trying to use.
Were you able to have any luck as I'm having the same problem.

2011 F450

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nope, I tried cheap bluetooth and wifi, and bought an OBDLink MX Wifi. Still no luck getting it to stick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the instructions on this. I had it activated at my dealer today. The service advisor wasn't aware of it, but thought it was a cool thing. He asked the service manager who said "yup, heard of it, go for it!" and it was done in about 10 minutes. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Search isn't finding the Forscan - DPF% - ghost screen instructions for me. Anyone have a link? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
You need to make a change to the IPC in one area and then write the data back. Here is a spread sheet that lists many more changes that some others have made such as increasing the number of lane change blinks from 3 to 5 or 7 or the Bambi mode of the fog lights on with low beams.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17e_PIE5s3H266gWgSG7xdFLGKxIr1-K_RwrIx4qIAtI/edit#gid=0

Here is a thread here that talks about the "ghost screen". Not sure if it goes into using FORScan or not.

https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f149/productivity-screen-display-dpf-552321/

there are some threads here on the "ghost screen" and FORScan...

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion-2011-2016/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. It turned out to be easier than in the past. I brought up the IPC section and it had options and values in normal english. Thought I was going to have to break out the old hexadecimal calculator from my CoBOL days. Enabled it and saved. Works great now. DPF failure is my biggest fear with the truck. I just got it this last week. It's a 2015 f350 with 21000 miles on it. It came with a lifetime powertrain warranty. But, the DPF is not considered part of the powertrain. So this display is for my peace of mind. If it shows close to 100%, I'll take it for a ride on a canyon freeway and help the re-gen along. Thanks again for the links.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts