The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2008 truck about two years ago. First one for me so I had no idea what a DPF even was. Two years later I know that both the DPF and the EGR has been deleted on the truck and I would assume that the last owner had a programmer on it at some point. Question is what programmer would be best to use in this situation. I would like better mileage out of the truck. Most of them I see listed for sale are the DPF delete and programmer together and the truck has already been deleted. What exactly is it that I will need to purchase to put a new programmer on it?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Just to get this straight--you have been driving your truck for 2 years with a tuner program but no tuner? And no problems except need higher fuel mileage?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wondering why you want to change it.. If it has been working for 2 years why mess with it? If you just want better MPG, what are you getting now? If you run a really hot tune you'll need a new intake. S&B, Injen, and AFE all make good products.

Just buy a tuner and run it. There are plenty of places you can still get race tuners for under a grand. PM me for info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts