The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, Feeling a little defeated right now and looking for some support to help me get through this. Here's the issue - my defrost is isn't working and as per TSB 13-2-9, the heater plenum and blower unit need to be completely replaced. I'm probably the first numbskull to try this on my own so figured maybe we can make a bit of how-to out of this thread. Anyway, what I have done so far is remove the dash and unbolt the dash bracing. I'm trying to remove as little items as possible so that I don't have to remove quite as much wiring. Anyway, I can now see most of the heater plenum and removed the top bolt and nut over by the defrost unit. But the damn plenum still won't budge and I can't see any other nuts or bolts holding it in. Keep in mind I haven't removed the coolant hoses as I wasn't sure if I would have to slap it halfway back together to take it somewhere so they could be holding it down somewhat but I would think it would at least move a bit. Is there a trick to this or something? Anyway, please please please someone help me figure this out!? Thanks! JC

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts