The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I often get asked on what the proper Amsoil recommendation is for the 7.3L Ford PowerStroke Turbo Diesel. As I am sure you know, a 7.3L takes 15.1 Quarts of oil per oil change. Using AMSOIL allows you to $ave money by changing your oil less often, with security and piece of mind.

The Proper recommendation is:

Grade 1......CI-4
AMSOIL SAE 15W-40 Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel and Marine Motor Oil
AMSOIL Product code: AME
The product is available in Quarts, Quart Case, Gallon, 4-Gallon Case, 2.5 Gallon, and 2.5 Gallon case (2), 30-Gallon Drum, and 55-Gallon Drum.

The proper oil filter is the AMSOIL Absolute Efficiency Oil filter, p/n EAO99-EA.
This filter is a synthetic media nanofiber filter.

SERVICE LIFE
AMSOIL Synthetic 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel and Marine Motor Oil (AME) is recommended for extended drain intervals in engines that are unmodified and in good operating condition.​
Diesel Engine Service

• Three times (3X) OEM* recommendation, not to exceed 50,000 miles/600 hours or one year, whichever comes first. Drain intervals may be extended further with oil analysis.
The AMSOIL Ea Oil filter is a 25,000 mile or 1-Year Oil Filter.

Look-up recommendations for your specific year, make, and model - here

If interested in wholesale pricing, please email or PM me, and I'll get wholesale pricing to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
3X OEM interval - NOT 50K

The AMSOIL guaranteed recommendation is 3X whatever the OEM change interval is... (Please check your manual on what that interval is.)

For example, if your manual says change oil & filter every 5K miles, AMSOIL will say change at 15K (3X x 5K miles= 15K)... or go longer after Oil Analysis.

Never does AMSOIL say go 50K out-of-the-gate. That is why it says "3X the OEM interval, not to exceed...", and whichever comes first. The diesel oil can also be used in "lighter & lesser duty" applications that may see results on the longer interval end. But again, the initial recommendation is always 3X the OEM recommendation over dino, conventional, or mineral oil. If an OEM interval recommendation was 16K, well 3X x 16K is about 50K, and how you would encroach the 50K limit. We all know that a 7.3L does not have a 16K OEM change interval. Now, if you install an Oil By-Pass Oil filtration system for the 7.3L Ford PowerStroke (BMK26-EA), you certainly may see 50K intervals or longer, but again, only with an oil by-pass filtration system. By-Pass Kits are also available at wholesale, and not retail.

If you're truly only going 3K-4K, you're simply throwing away money, and also creating unnecessary waste oil. Going 15K miles is not even close to being an issue with AMSOIL AME 15W-40. I'll personally pay for your oil analysis kit after going 9K-12K to prove it to you, if you run AME with an AMSOIL EAO99 filter in a 7.3L.

Hopefully, this clarifies.

Thanks!

·
Registered
777 Posts
feedback on 5-40 Amsoil use

I've used the 15-40 since the 1st oil change in my 2003 F-250 CC 2WD...but this time I went w/ the 5-40 and I am very pleased with the mileage gain +5. Tad quieter and smooth idle and the #8 cackle seems to have less audible noise.

This may not mean much to most but I will run a UOA from Blackstone when we get back from our camping trip and see how well it performs. (9k lb, 5th wheel Keystone Outback)

Thanks...
C_man....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts