The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Im new to this forum. 2004 (later) F350 P.S 6.0
Truck starts and runs normal until hot . during normal running icp ranges 700+ to 2500+ depending on RPM. IPR ranges 24% to 70% . However, after 15 to 20 minutes at operating temp, truck surges, bucks and even stalls with corresponding ICP and IPR not reporting anything. Truck will start back up and run as long as you keep the revs up but has 0 reading on IPR and ICP even with engine running. Using scanguage II for readings. I believe that means an electrical problem, probably a wire that gets shorted when hot. Any ideas for further troubleshooting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When Hot, ICP/IPR cut out as engine bucks

2004 F350 late year 6.0 PS starts ok and scanguage II reports ICP approx. 700-3000 depending on rpm and IPR between 24 and 70% again depending on rpm. HOWEVER, after the engine gets to normal temp , especially when ambient temp is hot the following happens:
1)Engine bucks , surges and runs choppy at low rpm and will sometimes stall
2)If it stalls, engine starts back up ok and keeps running it at higher rpm but has choppy idle and : see #3 below
3)ICP and IPR readings freeze and the inputs don't update or report to guage. It is as if the ICP and IPR circuit is offline
4)No CEL and No codes....
I speculate that it is an electrical problem but that is too broad
So Can anybody help me narrow it down further?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks dillon, I will focus in on those items . So after the truck cooled down I started it up and magically all of the Xguages were reporting normally so I have a good test environment where I can swap out the pigtail first ,re- test it , then if necessary swap out the ICP valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts