The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members: Need info as to what would be MOST likely suspect for this.

1. Drives STRAIGHT. No looseness when cruising OR letting off from acceleration. No Shaking. When I apply the brakes I have developed a very pronounced pull to the right.
  2. History: Last summer I installed new OEM rotors. New calipers (good quality). Front & Back. Flushed the entire brake fluid out. Disassembled caliper pins & cleaned & regressed with caliper pin grease.... All has been GREAT till now.
  3. Don't know why I have these numbers here now...LOL
  4. So the question is....Is 1 of the 2 piston pins sticking on the LEFT wheel thereby not giving me the equal amount of stopping force on the left so pulling to the right?
  5. I already did another air bleed on BOTH the front R & L sides. No Joy. Ball Joints are only 2 -3 years old & only road driving on them (no dirt trails or woods). 4 Brand new tires last summer (balanced & aligned)...
  6. As I said....everything has been A.O.K. for 8000 miles now.
  7. Health issues make things a bit difficult so I hate to go chasing down false leads/ideas.
  8. I just remembered & in the interest of full disclosure.... One time out of nowhere, (about 2000 miles after all this work), I DID have a VERY HARD RIGHT PULL while on a short highway drive. Made it home & the LEFT FRONT wheel/side/rotor was smoking hot. So I DID have a previous caliper stick issue on this same side. BUT, I let it cool. Took the caliper off & squeezed the (cup)/pin back in after a bit of cleaning around the outside diameter & application of a little more pin grease. All has been fine since then. Soooo...????? What do you all think percentage wise? 95 to 100 % it's my caliper again?
  9. What would you do to assure that's the issue? Look for uneven thickness of the pad? Squeeze pin in with clamp and then use pedal to apply brake (against a board the thickness of the rotor), Then release & see if one side of pad seems more releases than the other?
  10. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I am SCARED TO DEATH to bring it to a so called "Tire Pro" type shop. Not to mention spending $100 plus for something I (might) be able to fix if I know what it might be. Then there is the appointment issue AND everything I own being in the vehicle! And you know how upset these guys get when you have to stand there & watch them or ask to be in the vehicle while they work on it.
  11. I only mention that last part because one time years ago after making clear that my vehicle was NOT to LEAVE THE LOT, When I was not paying attention, the mechanic/technician went flying out of the property with my van for a so called test ride. Needless to say I was FURIOUS & let it be known!

· Registered
2,923 Posts
Your looking for an absolute where there can be none, especially with an occasional problem.

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FMTRVT......To some extent yes, But I am just looking for some ideas/suggestions.
Thought I mentioned enough things to help narrow it down. I guess a collapsed rubber section on line was left out.
Just looking for suggestions of what (you) might think would be the first things to look at?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.