The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 425 diesel Motorhome, also a 10 KW generator, about one month ago the generator started missing and I took it to a local Cummings shop, they said teh pump was bad, after installing the pum the engine still missed so they rebuilt the injectors which solved the problem. I have a extended warranty, they approved charge for the pump but not the injectors. the generator ha 190 hours and is in a 2009 motorhome. They turned down the claim because I missed one year of changing the oil, the service manual states the oil is to be changed in the engine at 150 hours. I asked what the engine oil has to do with the diesel pump and injectors in which they replied that the pump and injectors are lubricated by the engine oil. Question is that correct, I have looked at several internet pages and cannot find it anywhere to be the case, I will admit that I have no diesel knowledge, can someone give me a honest answer,

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
I asked what the engine oil has to do with the diesel pump and injectors in which they replied that the pump and injectors are lubricated by the engine oil.
I've worked on quite a few diesels where that was the case. The injection pumps, not the injectors.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I have a 425 diesel Motorhome, also a 10 KW generator, about one month ago the generator started missing and I took it to a local Cummings shop, they said teh pump was bad, after installing the pum the engine still missed so they rebuilt the injectors which solved the problem. I have a extended warranty, they approved charge for the pump but not the injectors. the generator ha 190 hours and is in a 2009 motorhome. They turned down the claim because I missed one year of changing the oil, the service manual states the oil is to be changed in the engine at 150 hours. I asked what the engine oil has to do with the diesel pump and injectors in which they replied that the pump and injectors are lubricated by the engine oil. Question is that correct, I have looked at several internet pages and cannot find it anywhere to be the case, I will admit that I have no diesel knowledge, can someone give me a honest answer,
Can you clarify for me? Do you have a diesel powered motorhome AND a diesel powered generator? And you failed to change the oil in one or both units for one year?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts