1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
It is available in certain packages such as Lariat Ultimate

·
Premium Member
15,110 Posts
I just finished rebuilding a 54 Chevy pickup with pushbutton start. Push the button with your foot - starts right up. Guess they were ahead of the times.

Reactions: bugman

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Intelligent Access with Push-button Start (PEPS) included in
Lariat Ultimate Package (96U); standard on King Ranch® and
Platinum)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Man big bummer. I want a new King Ranch but hate push button start. My wife's Escape has it and when I'm detailing the car I cant listen to the radio. Also when sitting in the car while she is shopping the radio turns off after a short while and always at the worst moment requiring you to push the button twice to get it back on acc and again its goes off in a bit. ----- I like just working on my truck with the key turned to acc. and listening while I work.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I know you can power up the radio without a key or starting the truck by pressing the radio power button. I forget how long it will play but want to say maybe 30 minutes or an hour. I have also used this to program a destination in the NAV without using a key. Try it on your wife's Escape. I know it works on a 2016 Escape without push button start.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Keep your foot off the brake pedal and push the start button twice (IIRC). That's what turns on the accessory position we're used to. Use it all the time on my Expy.

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
On my Explorer all you have to do to listen to the radio is to hit the radio on/off button. No need to go into the accessories mode. I'm sure that the trucks are the same.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That is how my 2014 Escape works also, no need for accessory mode.
Gary

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
On my Explorer all you have to do to listen to the radio is to hit the radio on/off button. No need to go into the accessories mode. I'm sure that the trucks are the same.
You can do that now. I know on my 2015, I can press the radio button and the radio will play and i can also program the NAV also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What I dont like with the push button start is when you turn it off it doesnt automatically go to ACC it completely shuts off the car. Sometimes I just want to turn off the car and keep my radio on haha.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
What I dont like with the push button start is when you turn it off it doesnt automatically go to ACC it completely shuts off the car. Sometimes I just want to turn off the car and keep my radio on haha.
Wow that sounds like a bad design! Could there be a setting in my key to change that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow that sounds like a bad design! Could there be a setting in my key to change that?
So far the only design that I truly like is the one in my mercedes... I turn off the car the radio keeps on playing until i open the door then it shuts off. I think every company should have done it this way

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
That's how my '09 and '10 450s work...about 15 mins before it shuts off, or open a door.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
If you press the radio button, it will turn on radio without key. I do this sometimes when i need to program GPS and not have key handy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts