The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years putting up with the second factory radio eating my CDs and cutting out in aux mode I replaced it. Since I was replacing I wanted can some new things in my radio. It was either buy a new truck and get the top radio with nav or buy a radio with the functions I wanted and more. I wanted but sync with my iPhone and iPod, voice nav, backup camera etc. well you would expect to pay $500 or more for it. I friend sold his truck and the guy installed the radio I was looking at in it and liked it. If I knew him I would have ask what he did to get everything connected prior to ordering but I didn't and I wanted it installed today at least as as a temp install as I've got a trip to Albuquerque tomorrow. I held off on the bu camera as I've got a headache rack coming and I'm gonna install the camera on it to help with connecting the Fifth wheel plus better backup view. Also just threw the GPS antenna on the dash today later it will go on top of the cab.

Two things didn't get connected because I read the specs wrong and only ordered the single, main connector because I did think I had a amp but I have the connection maybe that is where a few things that aren't exactly right might work once I hook up the sub connector plus what was for thinking? They modified the old working antenna connector. Instead of the male plug it uses a female snap plug thingy. Got both coming next week. Saying I would need to pull the each cover and the radio to add those we will wait until everything arrives and do it once . The cable for the bu cam is long enough with the one that goes between the radio and the cameras connection we will wire the bu cam wire prior to actually wiring in the camera.

If you know where I can find a detailed wiring guide for the sub connector and for the total wiring of the Pyle plndv695b radio to the factory ford harness in the king ranch and if I'm gonna to have to find the wire for the steering wheel controls and the back cam wiring like rev , brake light etc?

When I get this working I'll have the feature available in the new vehicles. But tomorrow I've got iPhone blue toothed to the radio for I heart and audible.com books which is what I listen to on trips. Plus I got the GPS I could have CDs or DVDs if I wanted but DVDs might require wiring mod to see.or I could use a sad card to add music but with iPad and iPhone synced I'm happy for the time being.

Now if you know a great web site showing how to hook this up or even you tube videos I would be happy. Btw the radio is less than $200 on Amazon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The model is pldnv695b

1 - 3 of 3 Posts