The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 king I have 2 tuners I run both of them an SCT and a PPE they said you can't run 2 but I do. Now my question is I run some things off my SCT tuner now my PPE has like 10 tunes from mild to wild I do my mpg by hand being the on on the truck isn't real close I do a lot of hwy driving 60 to 70 I avg about 17 to 19 mpg when I'm running faster it can get as high as 20 to 22 but running that fast all the time is impossible I shouldn't have to drive 80 to 90 to get this mpg think of changing the gears to get the engine speed up to where it is at 80 and 90 to something for the same going 70 or 80 any thoughts if this would work at 70 I'm a little over 2100 so not sure about gearing yet about 2700 at 90mph

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Don't know what to tell ya, But I have never heard of a truck betting 5 mpg better when driving 20 mph faster. I would sharpen the pencil and see if that helps.
DENNY

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
17-19 mpg @ 60-70 mph seems reasonable empty but typically over 2000-rpms and mileage starts to drop.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree that your math is suspect. If you can get 17 or 18 miles to a US gallon then I'd say thanks to the mileage gods and move on. I'm lucky if I see 16 miles to the Imperial gallon and its 25% bigger than a US gallon. As far as getting better mileage at higher speeds - get a new calculator.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a 06 king I have 2 tuners I run both of them an SCT and a PPE they said you can't run 2 but I do. Now my question is I run some things off my SCT tuner now my PPE has like 10 tunes from mild to wild I do my mpg by hand being the on on the truck isn't real close I do a lot of hwy driving 60 to 70 I avg about 17 to 19 mpg when I'm running faster it can get as high as 20 to 22 but running that fast all the time is impossible I shouldn't have to drive 80 to 90 to get this mpg think of changing the gears to get the engine speed up to where it is at 80 and 90 to something for the same going 70 or 80 any thoughts if this would work at 70 I'm a little over 2100 so not sure about gearing yet about 2700 at 90mph

Are you hand calculating the MPG based off of fuel used vs. actual miles driven? Or are you just looking at the dash display readout?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you knew me you wouldnt question my math skills really I done and redone the numbers many diff times, over a period of a year. The math is good and no I don't go by what the dash says it's a computer it tells you only what its programmed to.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
If you knew me you wouldnt question my math skills really I done and redone the numbers many diff times, over a period of a year. The math is good and no I don't go by what the dash says it's a computer it tells you only what its programmed to.

In that case, figure out the reason your mileage inproves at high RPM and patent it.

Every PSD owner on the planet will want to buy the technology.

I am first in line. ?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
If you want to increase engine RPM turn off the overdrive that should give you about 300 rpm increase. Let us know if that helps.
DENNY

·
Registered
797 Posts
I've owned this truck since May '05 and do a yearly calculation based on miles driven and gallons pumped during the calendar year and never got above 16MPG. My first F250 diesel was purchased in 1998 and ever since then I have had guys with the exact same truck tell me they get 22MPG.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My '06 averages 16 or less. I hand calc every fillup. I picked up 1 mpg whn I replaced the injectors, but @16 is the best I can do with country driving (no long hauls though).

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
My first F250 diesel was purchased in 1998 and ever since then I have had guys with the exact same truck tell me they get 22MPG.
Any chance these guys are fisherman?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts