The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who owns this programmer had there transmission shift abnormally? It seems from what I have read the Predator has less shifting problems.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had it in on the first program for a couple days. It shifts great, When it first gets put in it shift different but after a few miles and a coulpe of starts for the tranny to learn, it's great.I am waiting to put gauges in before I go up to the next level.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have the latest firmware (7r.33) and it shits great after a brief learning (I am runnig the 65 rwhp program). The first firmware had shifing issues but they seem to fully addressed in the latest version. I can't speak about the 100 rwhp program as I have not tried it.

Later,
Jeff

·
Registered
169 Posts
Same here as the other two guys - and I also have not put mine in 100 until I get the x-monitor installed

·
Registered
485 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I have the latest firmware (7r.33) and it shits great after a brief learning (I am runnig the 65 rwhp program). The first firmware had shifing issues but they seem to fully addressed in the latest version. I can't speak about the 100 rwhp program as I have not tried it.

Later,
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think I would be "safe" to use the 65 HP program (#2 i think) on a stock truck, no mods to exhaust etc...?? Would it be OK for everyday driving?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would assume the shifting to be fine on 65hp mode as the Edge shifts fine at the same setting. I guess the question would be if the Predator shifts good at the 100hp mode.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
144 Posts
The predator shifts perfect on my truck in the 100 hp.. On the street at wot and the track..Better than stock..

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have not got gagues yet and will not run the 100 hp until I do. I do have the DPPI SS turbo-back exhaust and AFE airfilter. I would probably not run the 65 hp on a stock truck too hard, but that is me. I am not sure what kind of temps the stock setup produces let alone with more hp.

Later,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is great to hear, I am leaning toward the Predator big time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vegas Super Duty

If you buy a Predator let me know how it goes. I live in Las Vegas and am interested in one. Would like to get togeather if you buy one.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Timntools,
Can you give us some EGT`s you are seeing at WOT and on hard runs around the freeway?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I installed the 65 HP tune tonight and took the new X for a test drive. All I can say is WOW!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Shifting was smooth as silk from the beginning and the power was amazing. It feels like a different truck.

I don't have gauges or exhaust but do have the AFE intake. I didn't want to push my luck with the higher tune. For now I think the 65HP tune will be fine.

David

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep us posted if you have any shifting concerns.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
But 90 - 130mph is incredible it just keeps on pushing you back into the seat. Would like to know top speed on these beasts, but don;t have enough asphalt. (Dyno is cheating because you don't have wind resistance)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts