61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
BTS uses 2 IPR's

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
BTS uses two, and Stealth as well(in some cases /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif). Gen3, only one on the kit I seen. Can't speak for the Stealth, but BTS designed theres to run two IPR's, and Terminator designed theres for only one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just an observation, but watching the video of Snow White's last run here recently before having its engine problems.(recent thread within the last month documenting what a lean condition can do to a diesel engine) Note what happens during his warmup burnout after letting out of the throttle, the engine stalls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If I remember correctly that truck is using a dual HPOP system with a single IPR and proper tuning. With my very limited experience with dual HPOP systems, I found my truck would also stall when coming out of the throttle with big oil tunes from DP. I thought I must be the only one experiencing this situation, since this information was not being thrown out on this forum. Well, after trying to find some help to this problem I was pursuaded to add a second IPR. Since adding the second IPR I can now smash the pedal on and off the floor all day long without any stall with or with out chip installed. I am in no way trying start a controversy, but just giving a real life observation. It seems like whenever you try to give some legitimate feedback on this topic the common response is you don't have the right programming. Well, a second IPR is a hell of a lot cheaper than special tuning. Just check the rates for this service.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Just an observation, but watching the video of Snow White's last run here recently before having its engine problems.(recent thread within the last month documenting what a lean condition can do to a diesel engine) Note what happens during his warmup burnout after letting out of the throttle, the engine stalls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If I remember correctly that truck is using a dual HPOP system with a single IPR and proper tuning. With my very limited experience with dual HPOP systems, I found my truck would also stall when coming out of the throttle with big oil tunes from DP. I thought I must be the only one experiencing this situation, since this information was not being thrown out on this forum. Well, after trying to find some help to this problem I was pursuaded to add a second IPR. Since adding the second IPR I can now smash the pedal on and off the floor all day long without any stall with or with out chip installed. I am in no way trying start a controversy, but just giving a real life observation. It seems like whenever you try to give some legitimate feedback on this topic the common response is you don't have the right programming. Well, a second IPR is a hell of a lot cheaper than special tuning. Just check the rates for this service.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thought I read David said the converter was locked up during the burnout and couldn't unlock fast enough after burnout stalling the engine?

·
Registered
445 Posts
[/ QUOTE ]
Thought I read David said the converter was locked up during the burnout and couldn't unlock fast enough after burnout stalling the engine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Sorry Jeremy, I should have known bein the ONLY SLAPS member to have met you guys in person, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If I remember correctly that truck is using a dual HPOP system with a single IPR and proper tuning.

[/ QUOTE ] The last I had heard, SNOW WHITE IS still running a single HPOP. (Atleast the last time I saw her at one of the WFCs here in St. Louis.) Things may have changed since then...
I also remember the TC locked thread now!

Glad ya got her fixed Swagg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like whenever you try to give some legitimate feedback on this topic the common response is you don't have the right programming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not common just #7 typical post.

Cary

·
Registered
249 Posts
TC could explain it, wasn't trying to start anything but seemed consistent with my problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif But, I have read somewhere on this forum that Snow White is using a dual HPOP system now. Probably others could confirm it, I think there was some reference by others that this is what might have made a little difference in latest runs into the low 11's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif Or I could have dreamed it all up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Doing a full on burn out can make any PSD die when you let off real quick, I know of plenty of single hpop trucks that do that, everything just cant adjust fast enough to go from 3000rpms to 500 in half a second. Its the daily driving stuff and just getting on the throttle a little bit then letting of and it dieing that is the issue.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks to all the guys that posted imput on the subject that I posted. I have made my decision on the twin system that I'm going to go with. I'm going to go with the BTS twin HPOP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif It's the only one that didn't have anything negative posted about it! Unfortunately they were closed today so I will have to wait until Monday to order it. Thanks...Scott

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Jim, for the record, Snow White has had a Dual HPOP for over a year and is still the fastest powerstroke in the world. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

Scott, great choice! BTS has a fine product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
what system is he running? (Didnt get to WFC this last year here at Gateway, I was in Israel with the Air National Guard nearly the whole month of May!
Just wonder what system he went with!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I drove my truck around for a week with big oil, 238cc hybrids, and all my other mods with stock programming. A bit of a lopey idle, but perfectly drivable. I wouldnt have even considered it had jody not told me it would be ok. Mike

·
Registered
582 Posts
Damn Jim you retired and now your running all over the world with the guard. You stay busy!

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Damn Jim you retired and now your running all over the world with the guard. You stay busy!

[/ QUOTE ]I am trying! (Very likely going to Gus-Khrustalny (Russia) with my Church this summer, (July/Aug) for two weeks.) Looking forward to that alot! We are the sole sponsor of a church starting over there, and the young man we brought over here and sent to Bible School is getting married this summer. So many of us would like to be there for him!

61 - 76 of 76 Posts