The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a mechanical autometer trans temp gauge.

I know i dont need the temp gauge for a 6 speed but i wanted to fill my gauge pod......and these questions may be elementary but here it goes.

couple question, i tried to insert the provide 1/2 inch thread adapter to which the sending unit screws to and it seem like it was loose.....was that the right threading? if not do i need an adapter?

the port was the plug which to need (i think) a 1/2 inch breaker bar.

if anybody has pictures of their installation i'd appreciate it, i have searched the forums and can only find auto info.

·
Registered
127 Posts
someone makes an adapter for the drain plug witch will accept the sending
unit for the gauge...ya ya i know im a lot of help with out the name or
company that sells it.
but i have seen it recently
or you could do what myself & some buddies did, we all welded bungs in the
pto cover plate & installed them there. just remember if you go that rout to weld the bung so its in oil when you install the cover back on.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. im not trying to weld that thing and all that involved, but thats great to know the adapter is available. i appreciate the reply.

next two questions....
1. until i get time to cruise the site for the company which sells the adapter, does anybody know who it is?

2. even the the temp isnt that important to a light hauler with a 6'er, will i get a decent reading?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I purchased the adapter (5 years ago) from Diesel Power Products. I don't think they're a supporting vendor any longer. You can do a search and find their web site. It cost about $30, including shipping, and took just a few minutes to install. Just ask them if they still have the Manual Transmission temp plug for a Ford 6-speed.

I get good readings on mine, but keep in mind that the temp reading start at 100°. In real cold weather I might not get up to that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have a digital gauge so i get readings from 0 to whatever
i think the highest ive been was 244 deg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts