The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Ford-Diesel.com forum is moderated only by you, Jason, then how did Smokey edit Bob Riley's link in the thread about snake oils and lubes? Maybe I'm missing something? Just simple curiousity, not that it matters.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Tim,
Smokey was posting and I asked him to help. He was trying to make the links work for me. He wasn't being the "moderator" in this instance.
Bob

------------------
99.5SD PSD, CC, Black, 4X4Off Road, Lariat, Superchip Hot, Amsoil from front to back. My 99.5 Superduty Turbo Brake, A-Pillar with Trans Temp, Boost, and EGT Guages. www.riley-enterprises.com Southeastern Rally

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But, he still modified your messege without your password, and that's what I'm curious.

------------------
'84 Chevy K10 Scottsdale 4x4. 305 V8. 700R4
'00 Aerolite 25' Travel Trailer with Slideout.

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tim_wants_a_Silverado:
If the Ford-Diesel.com forum is moderated only by you, Jason, then how did Smokey edit Bob Riley's link in the thread about snake oils and lubes? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Ford-Diesel.com forum is Jason's baby, but any administrator/moderator can edit any message in any of the forums. We can even edit each others messages.
So if I had a bad hair day and used a dirty word in a forum message, Travis or Carpentractor could jump right in and edit my message to replace the unclean word with an acceptable phrase.

------------------
Ole retired guy in west Texas with Darling Wife and Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab.

Just like that!!! Talk about checks and balances.

[This message has been edited by Carpentractor (edited 06-13-2000).]

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Tim,

I believe that Jason has given us access to these forums that he Moderates because it is another 10 sets of eyes and we have means of shutting something down that may need immediate intervention rather being forced to keep the offending post in place and having to send an email to Jason to take care of it.

We try to respect the boundries, even those that are unwritten. Such as once a moderator steps in to moderate something we often let him handle that thread no matter which forum it happens to be in.
We also respect each other's forums. Diesel Jay and Myself are big in the Gen Diesel forum. And OB-1, Diesel Jay and Myself are also tied to the 94-97 forums. But if we see something offending, inappropriate or in need of edit in another forum the consensus is that it should be taken care of asap by whomever sees it.

Smokey spreads his wealth everywhere but you will find him mainly in the Other and 99 stuff. I think all of that keeps him busy enough. He has to make 10000 posts by 2001 so try not to tie him up too much.

------------------
Keith
1994 F-250, PowerStroke Diesel, 5 Speed, SC, LB, 4x4, with a 4.10 NRA Life Member. Click Here For Keith's Diesel Page

Come To The NorthEast Rally

[This message has been edited by Carpentractor (edited 06-13-2000).]

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Tim, who cares........let them do their job......which is to keep this the best diesel site on earth

------------------
2000,F***,*250,S/C 4X4 Lariet (opps,TM violation)I mean,leather trim,shorty,tinted windows,6" lift,big tires and wheels,guaged,custom paint,black bed cover,a thing in a box to make it go faster and all the other F*** toys

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I find it helps if you think of the moderators as gods, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. I tend to watch what I say in private e-mails, apart from the site, since I wonder if Smokey or Keith is watching and will intercept my missive. Actually, I'm not quite certain, but I was stuck in traffic the other day and thinking evil thoughts about the other drivers and a voice in my head said "This topic is being moved to Other. Your friendly Moderator." So never doubt the power they wield!!

------------------
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kreynol2 (edited 06-13-2000).]

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All of this over a simple question out of curiousity! Sheesh!

------------------
'84 Chevy K10 Scottsdale 4x4. 305 V8. 700R4
'00 Aerolite 25' Travel Trailer with Slideout.

[This message has been edited by JLester (edited 06-14-2000).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts