The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the front springs to u codes. Much nicer ride. I am now considering changing the rear springs as well. I have noticed that most folks change to a b code F350 spring. For those of you that did change the rear springs, did you have to change the block in the back as well. My truck is not lifted and now I have the u codes up front. I would prefer NOT to change the blocks if necessary but it would be nice to have the stiffer springs for when I tow my camper.

Thanks,

greg

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Same thing that I want to do except I have V code front springs and A code rear springs.

John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can anyone confirm that V-code from springs and A-code rear springs will allow the Excursion to sit level or slightly higher in the rear?

If not, what size blocks should be added?

Thanks,

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, it will work. I have the x-codes in the front and 350 springs and blocks in the back of my 01. Just ordered the same set-up for my 03 that I just picked up. The front went from 37.5 to 40.5 inches. The rear went from 39.5 to 41.5 inches.These measurements included the addition of 285 tires vs. 265's.Just got done measuring the two of them side by side this is why I know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts