The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We’ve all had that one vehicle that was constantly broken down, ran terribly, and was generally unpleasant in almost every way. Perhaps it was the hand-me-down you drove in high school or the lemon you bought from that sketchy used car lot.

Whatever your worst vehicle was—we want to hear about it (and see photos if possible)!

·
Registered
1999 ford f250
145 Posts
The worst vehicle I ever owned hands down was a 2006 f150 5.4 triton 3v. Sold it and bought my early 1999 f250 superduty 7.3 powerstroke best vehicle decision I ever made.

·
Vendor
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The worst vehicle I ever owned hands down was a 2006 f150 5.4 triton 3v. Sold it and bought my early 1999 f250 superduty 7.3 powerstroke best vehicle decision I ever made.
Those 3 valve Triton engines are very well known for timing chain and phaser issues, among other problems. Glad to hear the Power Stroke is treating you better!

·
Registered
606 Posts
1986 6.2 Chevy 2500 with a stick shift bought new in Jan 1987. 2 engines later (both on my tab) I put a 350 gasser in it, drove it to Saskatoon and traded it on a 1988 Ford supercab with a 351. 1st, last and only Chevy I ever owned. The worst of it is that I passed on a 1986 F250 diesel because the dealer and I couldn't agree what my Towncar trade was worth. Huge mistake. HUGE. 35 years later it still pisses me off.

·
Registered
1999 ford f250
145 Posts
1986 6.2 Chevy 2500 with a stick shift bought new in Jan 1987. 2 engines later (both on my tab) I put a 350 gasser in it, drove it to Saskatoon and traded it on a 1988 Ford supercab with a 351. 1st, last and only Chevy I ever owned. The worst of it is that I passed on a 1986 F250 diesel because the dealer and I couldn't agree what my Towncar trade was worth. Huge mistake. HUGE. 35 years later it still pisses me off.
Haha 🤣 yeah dealership's are good at that.
P.s. Not laughing at you just at the fact that dealership's can have a lasting effect on us. Usually not a good one either. 😭

·
Registered
606 Posts
Haha 🤣 yeah dealership's are good at that.
P.s. Not laughing at you just at the fact that dealership's can have a lasting effect on us. Usually not a good one either. 😭
30 years later I went back to the same dealership and bought the 2006 in my sig. Its been a great truck. My beef isn't actually with that dealer - its with the SOB at the Chev dealership who made the deal the Ford dealer wouldn't make which is how I ended up with the disposable 6.2.

·
Premium Member
2006 F250 6.0 4x4 Manual Transmission
46 Posts

We’ve all had that one vehicle that was constantly broken down, ran terribly, and was generally unpleasant in almost every way. Perhaps it was the hand-me-down you drove in high school or the lemon you bought from that sketchy used car lot.

Whatever your worst vehicle was—we want to hear about it (and see photos if possible)!
My worst vehicle that I’ve ever owned was a 71 Firebird. Super fast car when running but always on jack stands and man the body rot on those cars were horrible on the upper cowel, roof, lower 1/4s. Loved it and it was my dream car but also worst car I’ve owned. Love hate relationship. Car made me broke when I was younger.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts