The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one with the truck, and it appears to have tow, street, some other street and race. When I hook it up to the truck, there is a 6.7 tune listed. It works with the full delete of DEF, EGR, DPF, etc. so I am not sure if it is a custom installed tune, or stock. Is there any way to tell who or where the four tunes came from? I'm running the updater, which I did when I first got the truck, and had to restore to stock before updating, so I don't know what tune was in it when I bought the truck, but tuned it with the one that came up by default.

What is the stock X4 setup with?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the 7015 X4. I ran the upgrade util which requires restoring to stock. Once I did that then I discovered it has 4 custom tunes on it. I have the street tune in it now, and it slams into every gear. It 100% corrected the sloppy pedal complaint I have, but the trans shifts are a bit harsh. I don't know if those would smooth out over time, but wow, does the beast move. I just wish I could find out who wrote the tunes.

Since the truck has a full delete, the stock X4 tune "shouldn't" work, but it does. This is what prompts my question.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I'd have to see the screen shots of the tunes you have available to provide a good answer.

As for the trans shifting, there is a drive cycle rearning procedure that is used when changing the PCM/TCM files. I would give this a try, even reload the tuning file you loaded already. Then go thru this procedure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts