The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question i find my truck has a hard tme starting in first i did the fuel filter and add diesel fuel conditoioner all the time to help with milage , it almost seems like it is choking it's self out some times it shakes rattles then takes off usally on hills or even flat ground it dose it so im at a lose i don't know what it would be hopefully it aint IP or Injectors

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Any visible smoke.......... white or black. Any lights on the dash when it happens..You installed the oring on the base and lubricated it and the top seal before assembly.

Sounds like air getting in the system possibly and the fuel draining off the IP or filter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any visible smoke.......... white or black. Any lights on the dash when it happens..You installed the oring on the base and lubricated it and the top seal before assembly.

Sounds like air getting in the system possibly and the fuel draining off the IP or filter.

nope no lights on the dash i did lubbed both the o ring and the seal at the top when i installed the fuel filter no smoke either after i get going it is fine and runs like a top just shakes rattles like it is having a real hard time getting going out of first gear .

would taking it apart again and lubing it again do anything ????

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Shakes and rattles in first gear........ do you think it could be the dual mass clutch assy.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
How full are the fuel tank(s) when this happens are they at or below 1/4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts