The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Decided to do dpf delete over the weekend. Got all the delete pipes installed and used a dpf-r 4.0 (not the best choice, but I had a pretty strict budget) for the tuner. After installing the truck sounded and ran great, took it for a test drive and everything went well until I gave it some throttle. It pretty much went into limp mode, couldn't get above 25 to 30 mph and sounded like it was missing and was blowing white smoke everywhere. After I got it back home and I returned the truck to a stock tune and then put the dpf-r tune back in (this was the only way I could get it out of limp mode). I drove it after that taking it easy for about 400 miles over the weekend and everything was perfect, then yesterday I gave ot some fuel (a little over half throttle again) and same thing happened. I don't have egr block off plates installed and gearbox z is telling me that is the problem. Anyone have any ideas? The truck is a 2008 Ford F250 6.4 powerstroke. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the DPF-R as well, I however didn't install a delete pipe, I just gutted the existing DPF and DOC and put it back in. I also do NOT have EGR block plates (egr system is stock) and I'm not experiencing the same issues you are. I don't think the EGR has anything to do with not being able to go above 50% throttle (not a mechanic so I can't say for sure). But no where I looked did I see that EGR block/delete was a requirement for the DPF-R. good luck sir!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to try to get the plates installed next week, just depends on work schedule. I'll let you know what I come up with and if it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did the delete on a 6.7 2016 installed the 5” exhaust and removed the egr after the two stainless return pipes developed leaks (at different times ) in the braided section in the middle. Broke the bolt off at the exhaust manifold (a common occurrence) as I found out later. Had to remove the egr anwzy to make the repair and installed the two plates. Have a bulldog and it runs like a race car now. It does get hot tho when I put my foot in it. Relocated the temp sensor from the egr to the block off plate on the exhaust manifold. This does not seem right to
Me because when the turbo is working that manifold is going to get hotter. Anyway I over heated the truck and stopped added some water it cooled down immediately and went on my way. Only for it to happen again to the point of having to add gallons of water. Finally figured out it is coming out of the cap because the pressure is to high and I can see big bubbles in the reservoir when it is warm. It will not leak at idle but as soon as you drive it the coolant is pumped out fast.
Been researching and I believe the head gaskets have been comprised. Does anyone. On this forum have another answer ? I used the DPF delete kit.. Thanks for reading and would sure appreciate any help I can get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts