The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped ship last week after 25 years of dodge cummins and bought a Ford F350 superduty. Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I use an edge CTS2 to monitor all my vitals ans after a few updates, its working nicely on the super duty. On my dodges, they would regen every 24 hours of drive time on the DOT.... usually 800-1300 miles depending within that 24 hours. I notice the super duty has a soot load percentage to watch ( Love it). How often are you all seeing regens? Does it wait until soot load gets to 100%??? So many drive hours/Miles??? Emissions are the only things I care to monitor. If I start a regen I keep driving until its done. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
There's too many driving variables (towing, unloaded, city, all HWY) to say it's going to always happen at XXXX interval. Most people watch the Soot Load % that you mention....It might get to 100%, you just need to see what happens with your truck. Then, as already stated, stay driving until regen is done. Do not expect to see that % drop to 0 as well. It's just the nature of the system. You are already on the right path, just watch and see what happens. The more you drive it the more you understand what happens, when it happens, and for how long.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Welcome to the blue oval! It's hard to go wrong with any of the big three these days, but clearly you made a good choice!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
[QUOTE=Flitastic;4668684]I jumped ship last week after 25 years of dodge cummins and bought a Ford F350 superduty. Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I use an edge CTS2 to monitor all my vitals ans after a few updates, its working nicely on the super duty. On my dodges, they would regen every 24 hours of drive time on the DOT.... usually 800-1300 miles depending within that 24 hours. I notice the super duty has a soot load percentage to watch ( Love it). How often are you all seeing regens? Does it wait until soot load gets to 100%??? So many drive hours/Miles??? Emissions are the only things I care to monitor. If I start a regen I keep driving until its done. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Congrats and welcome, I am loving my 18. I have not ran into to an DPF issues yet. Funny you mentioned about the Cummins, my 12 6.7 regens were just terrible. I had 2 DPFs replaced under warranty. Great motor though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts