The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Would you mind sharing how much the system is/will be shipped to you? Was it close to the usual "retail" prices on the net?

Pics Rick, please post some pics once it's installed :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
About $2100 shipped. I've found $2198 is about average and usually can get 10% with some free or reduced shipping.

One bracket is still pending production so its at least a few weeks before the one needed bracket is available. Once I get it all and install, I will certainly post some pics :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good deal Zixxer, I think I'm letting you be the guinea pig. We just picked up our truck last week and we are just holding off until your review. Getting a little excited about it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
any updates Zixxer?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nope, based upon the need for a 2-3" lift, they are making the bracket kit now. All the stuff has been signed off by the engineer and goes into production within weeks. They email every week just to let me know they haven't forgotten me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to find this thread! I have a 2011 F 450 too.
I am anxiously awaiting feedback before I purchase and have been frustrated with Firestone's lack of interest as well.

The other options I am considering heavily are the Link MFG 4 link kit or Kelderman 2 bag kit, With any kit I go with I plan on replacing the front coil springs with bags as well.
I have only heard real positive results on the Kelderman 2 bag....

In the meantime I have ordered a set of sulastic shackles to ease the pain which I have heard only amazing results from friends who used them. http://sulastic.com

Robb

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm watching this too, got a new F450 as well. Keep us in the loop. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have sulastic springs and it made a difference.

I'm still waiting but I get an email from the company about every two weeks and they even mentioned me on the facebook site :)

Hopefully soon, I'm ready to get it and put it on.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well it seems like Firestone either no-longer wanted to carry the r4tech or Sanluis Rassini decided to sell it themselves.

R4Tech by Sanluis Rassini

There's no mention of an R4Tech system on Firestone that I can find.

on that note.... has anyone had any real world experience with this system other than magazine or website articles?

·
Registered
276 Posts
You can now only find information about it (on firestone) in the 2011 catalog. Before they had webpages devoted to it, looks like all that info went to r4tech.com site.

I'm still somewhat interested in the system IF I can find some real world info on it by people that use the system.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That site has been there a long time and they do trade shows to promote the product.

Firestone is awful when it comes to getting information on the kits and that's why I've dealt with makers. Once the kit is complete, I will get the part number and order....

Well it seems like Firestone either no-longer wanted to carry the r4tech or Sanluis Rassini decided to sell it themselves.

R4Tech by Sanluis Rassini

There's no mention of an R4Tech system on Firestone that I can find.

on that note.... has anyone had any real world experience with this system other than magazine or website articles?

·
Registered
12 Posts
No new news yet? I've been looking at air suspensions since this past spring and have not decided on anything yet, but the R4tech is on the top of my list based on some of the reviews and input I've heard about others.

I have a 2011 F-450 which I currently have ride-rite air helper bags on. I'm in the process of building a custom onboard air system for those, but would much prefer only building everything once since the R4tech comes with self-leveling controls and such.

I'm also looking to do something on the front and may go with an Airlift kit to replace the front coils. I feel this is going to provide a smoother ride that the stock suspension and I need some extra lift in the winter when plowing. I haven't found any other front options other than firestones helper bags for the front.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually, now I don't remember if the front was Airlift or Airbagit. Anyway, through my searches I did find a full coil replacement that should work on this truck, but I need to get the back worked out first and then work in controls for the front.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well I finally went today and ordered the R4Tech system. It is built on a per truck basis so they told me probably 2 weeks before it will be in.

I plan to do a fairly thorough write-up on my thoughts of the system during the install and afterwards since I have seen little to no real world opinions on the system. The wait begins...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Who did you end up ordering it through, and is the price still the same? Yes, please let us know how it is after you get it, I've been waiting for someone to go first :lol:
Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Who did you end up ordering it through, and is the price still the same? Yes, please let us know how it is after you get it, I've been waiting for someone to go first :lol:
Thanks!
Yeah man I've been waiting and waiting for someone else to jump on that kit first but they are few and far between and I haven't found any real world installs on a super duty yet other than magazine and TV installs.

I went in to my local 4WheelParts and ordered from them this afternoon. They checked online and price matched from a website for $1945.
A few months ago I went in to get some Bilsteins and they called Sanluis Rasini just to get some more info and each kit is built per order and we were told it should be 2-3 weeks tops for the kit to come in.

Hopefully sooner rather than later tho.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah man I've been waiting and waiting for someone else to jump on that kit first but they are few and far between and I haven't found any real world installs on a super duty yet other than magazine and TV installs.

I went in to my local 4WheelParts and ordered from them this afternoon. They checked online and price matched from a website for $1945.
A few months ago I went in to get some Bilsteins and they called Sanluis Rasini just to get some more info and each kit is built per order and we were told it should be 2-3 weeks tops for the kit to come in.

Hopefully sooner rather than later tho.
Think I told you on the Heartland site that I spoke with Tony last week.
Will try Firestone and see if the kit is available without the compressor and tank.
Would rather put a higher capacity tank in for horns and stuff.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Think I told you on the Heartland site that I spoke with Tony last week.
Will try Firestone and see if the kit is available without the compressor and tank.
Would rather put a higher capacity tank in for horns and stuff.
I am thinking the same but going to try out the kit tank for now. It is a 3 gallon and the Viair kit I had been looking at came with a 2.5gal tank, this was the same kit(the Viair 10007) that EpicCowlick used for his air horns.
I don't need anything huge but I'd like to have enough capacity to use the air tank for aux connections as well w/o the compressor running the entire time.

I have not found lots of info on the cfm of the kit compressor so I'm going to wait on that as well.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts