The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Odd timing, I just got the kit for my F450 from Tony. They have been working on the brackets for the F450 for months and finally got them two days ago. When the weather breaks, I hope to install as well.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Odd timing, I just got the kit for my F450 from Tony. They have been working on the brackets for the F450 for months and finally got them two days ago. When the weather breaks, I hope to install as well.
How long did it take the kit minus brackets to get to you once it was shipped?
Did you order the matching Rancho RS9000XL front shocks or are you sticking with the stockers?

I'm still deciding right now whether to order the Ranchos or find a different solution.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm waiting on the front as I want to see the stance of the rear after it's complete. If I need to raise the front, I want to ensure I have the right size shocks if I change the setup.

Three weeks to get the kit the first time (order a F350 kit before working with the company directly but returned it.)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am thinking the same but going to try out the kit tank for now. It is a 3 gallon and the Viair kit I had been looking at came with a 2.5gal tank, this was the same kit(the Viair 10007) that EpicCowlick used for his air horns.
I don't need anything huge but I'd like to have enough capacity to use the air tank for aux connections as well w/o the compressor running the entire time. I have not found lots of info on the cfm of the kit compressor so I'm going to wait on that as well.
I can’t get an answer as to which compressor is included.
If I can’t order without I ‘ll just have to plan on replacing it.
I am thinking the Viair 480C, that is a 200 psi 100% duty cycle compressor. Sounds like overkill but my trailer tires are set to 115-125 psi. The 150 psi systems cut in at 110 psi, this means I would have to drain down the sir, have the compressor kick on and then start filling. If the tank is big enough and rated for 200 then the Viair 480 is about a $260 upgrade.

Did you order the matching Rancho RS9000XL front shocks or are you sticking with the stockers?

I'm still deciding right now whether to order the Ranchos or find a different solution.
With all the BS over the bogus rancho’;s that came on our trucks I will be adding Bilstein’s to the front.

I'm waiting on the front as I want to see the stance of the rear after it's complete. If I need to raise the front, I want to ensure I have the right size shocks if I change the setup.
The height of the rear will be whatever you set it at.
For me I’m thinking about setting about 1” low, this will level out the truck to the current front end height. And, maybe make it even ride better (less air).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Those FX4 shocks are bone stock Motorcraft shocks painted white w/ a sticker on them. I looked up the part number stamped on them and they came up as Motorcraft.

The Bilsteins I have on the front of mine are still a bit stiff and EpicCowlick did a vid when he put the real Rancho 9000's on his truck and supposedly made a big difference so I think I'm going to give them a try, especially if different adjustable settings on them make a difference.

The 9000XL are very noticeably different in size and shape than those FX4 shocks. I think the company is getting a bad rep from the fake ones on our trucks.... we'll see.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The kit they built for me was suppose to include an additional 2" in the rear brackets as I told them I would be adding a 2" lift to the front. It's been seven months and I honestly have gone back and forth with measurements, photos, etc., so many times I don't know what the end bracket is. I will do some measurements once the weather warms up a bit but until that happens or I install it, I'm not getting anything for the front as I don't want to just go with a 2" level, or things that just have a bracket extension for a shock.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just talked with Tony at SANLUIS Rassini and confirmed my kit has an additional 1.5" or 3.5" (factory has 2" blocks on rear) overall space in the custom differential bracket. I worked with them on this as I know several members talked about 2" lifts or levels on the front. My truck is very level without a 2" front kit and so were all the ones I went and checked on the truck lots. I did not want a 4 or 6" lift so this is just right for what I'm looking for. I think the rear shocks are not matched correctly so we're talking today about the application on that part.

I haven't installed anything yet, but have been working to confirm every part (bascially a 2011 F350 DRW kit with different shocks and differential bracket) so before I start installing I don't end up with a disassembled rear waiting on new parts.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry, no updates from me. The weather is too cold for me to start this project and I'm waiting on what's the best 2" lift for the front. Can't seem to get anyone to confirm that the control/radius arms are the same on all of the superduty PUs. Worse case I'm installing the rear and will come back and do the front. I don't think I'll get the rear kit on until March. I want to ensure I take photos and have the space/time to do this correctly.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lift for the front, just because you want it lifted?

When I can do this kit I was hoping to use the ride height setting to lower the rear to make the truck level.

The truck show saturday mornings must like it. They just did their second install.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ordered some matching Rancho 9000XL's for the front last week. I was told they were supposed to be in today but I just said to wait to call me when the R4 gets in. No word yet.
At least I'll have a good comparison between the Bilstein 5100's and the Rancho 9000XL's to report. Got my fingers crossed for this week. I hate having 2 grand floating around somewhere out there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Lift for the front, just because you want it lifted?

When I can do this kit I was hoping to use the ride height setting to lower the rear to make the truck level.

The truck show saturday mornings must like it. They just did their second install.
My F450 sits level, maybe a half inch up in the back but you can't tell. I wanted to lift 2" in the front for the tires I have so the rear setup was modified 2" as well.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have at least another week maybe 2 before my kit comes in.

I got in touch with SanluisRasini and said my hold up was the main leaf spring in the kit.
Apparently all SuperDuty's from 250-550 use that spring and that it seems like a lot of people decided to order the kits at the same time I did.
That was Thurs the 1st and it could be next week at the soonest to the week after and they want pictures of the installed kit on a Powerstroke Dually to put on their website. So maybe my truck will be on there soon :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
So far I haven't seen anyone say a bad thing about the kits and they are showing/installing these things everywhere. I'm getting excited about this :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can probably count on 1 hand, other than TrucksTV, how many installs I've actually seen on forums.

·
Registered
274 Posts
When I talk to Tony, they are always somewhere doing an install. They deal mostly with commerical applications so the likelyhood of someone that has a dually AND is comes to a forum is not as great as we would think. This is still a small market item for a consumer level application. My statement was more a figure of speech and had they gone WRONG, your more likely to see someone posting or asking about it on the internet.

·
Registered
262 Posts
JD, do you have a Titan tank? Something I just thought of and will be asking that question.
The Titan changes out the tank brackets and may make the install a bit more difficult or may require a change of brackets on the left side.

·
Registered
262 Posts
When I talk to Tony, they are always somewhere doing an install. They deal mostly with commerical applications so the likelyhood of someone that has a dually AND is comes to a forum is not as great as we would think. This is still a small market item for a consumer level application. My statement was more a figure of speech and had they gone WRONG, your more likely to see someone posting or asking about it on the internet.
I see your point, but, 3 Ford, 1 GMC, and 2 RV forums, all folks who could really benefit from this, and I just haven't seen any.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've seen a couple of installs on other forums as far back as two years ago when I started researching. Then some videos, but again, I think for the most part this is a small market and only a smaller percentage would touch a forum.

When I started looking at Ford navigation systems for my Edge, you can find a fair amount of install information but not a lot compared to the millions of units that are out there.

In the case of out stuff...I think a lot opt to just try air bags first. I think they are also looking forward to folks in this forum doing some installs on the consumer level v. commerical side to generate that buzz.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts