The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
no drive or second gear reverse and low works fluid full not burnt no sigh of trans slipping ae shows #1 solenoid on 2/3 off 213000 miles thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mark will come along with some insight soon. Any codes? Was the O/D light flashing?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no codes od lite not flashing but will turn on and off with switch thanks for reply

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
no drive or second gear reverse and low works fluid full not burnt no sigh of trans slipping ae shows #1 solenoid on 2/3 off 213000 miles thanks
Solenoid 1 on and solenoid 2 off is correct for first gear. Does this ever change? You need to turn on solenoid 2 and keep 1 on to get second gear. Solenoid 1 goes off and 2 stays on for third gear. Both are off for fourth gear.

Can you read the commanded gear with the AE?

And it's 4R100, not R4100.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no doesn't change will ae turn solenoids on and off no idea on read command gear please school me on that thanke

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I've never used AE. I have no idea what it can and cannot do.

·
Premium Member
14,608 Posts
AE will not turn the solenoids on or off, but it will report what they are being commanded to do. Not necessarily what they are doing, but what the PCM is calling for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks mark /rt hooked ae up gear selector in d solenoids 1on 2off. gear selector in 2 solenoids 1on 2on gear selector in 1 solenoids 1 on 2off any idea what this is telling me thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
It's telling you to drive the truck and see if the solenoids are commanded to change when the transmission should shift.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
only have low gear when gear shift is in 1st gear nothing in d

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
truck will not move in drive. ae shows transmission selector working in all gears when moving shift lever also shows od when shifter is in drive and od button on shows d when od is off . so if pcm is not calling for both solenoids to turn off in drive where and what to check for next thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
The next thing to check is the overdrive one way clutch. I'm 99% sure it's failed.

The way to check it is to take the trans out of the truck and tear it down. While it is all apart it's time to do a full rebuild. That's what it is going to take to fix this transmission. This CANNOT be a solenoid or anything electrical.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not what I wanted to hear thanks mark will call transmission shop to set up appointment thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts