The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 6.0 Excursion and a 2006 6.0 F-350 that I have replaced the radiator with an aluminum OPL. They were both replaced a little over three years ago and are working great. I recently ordered the same radiator for my 2005 F350. When it arrived it was damaged. Having been in a pinch I bought one locally here in Orlando. When I picked it up I was told it has only one row. The OPL has two. I’m somewhat miffed as my temp gauge is now reading a little higher than it was prior. Should it be a concern?

·
Premium Member
14,489 Posts
I would be concerned. If the temperature gauge can tell a difference between the two unloaded, just imagine what is going to happen fully loaded or towing. Especially in Florida once the sun comes out.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
The original Ford radiator appears to have been a single core with 91 tubes but the aluminum upgrades are common to replace the the OEM which had multiple plastic components. Many of the more expensive aluminum replacements have 2-core but have fewer tubes, some report 72.

How does your second replacement appear next to your first aluminum replacement as far as thickness and other dimensions?
It might even be possible your newest one has some dent or obstruction to the tubing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts