The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my 21 year old radiator finally let go. I had a coolant leak recently in Colorado. This S.Texas guy did not know to think about clearing all the snow from in front of the grill. The truck never got hot on the gauge but it burped coolant out somewhere, when pulling a mountain pass. I cleaned it off good tonight but I think I have coolant where the plastic tank and the aluminum core meet at the top. Since the factory one made it 21 years I am tempted to go with OEM (Motorcraft I guess). I don’t want to spend $1000 on a Mishimoto or whatever those are. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I put a factory one back in mine. I'm not happy about the plastic tanks, but I was in your shoes about the cost of an aftermarket one.

Reactions: 1999f-250superduty

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the input. I have a buddy checking on one for tomorrow. Where did you get your OEM and what did it cost? Thanks

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw some of the all aluminum ones on Amazon, not mishimoto. They seemed quite cheaply made. I would be afraid that the mounts and all that would not line up. But I am only guessing. I will probably just stick with OEM.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I put the spectra premium into mine. It's working well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think I ordered mine from Rockauto. That was spring 2017

·
Registered
364 Posts
I changed my original one out in 2015 when I hit 280k, it wasn't leaking but I figured since it was plastic what the heck! I went back with OEM which was 6 years and 65K miles ago. I'll never knock plastic radiators again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts