The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, the radio LED display has been weak, not bright. All is well,nexcrpt for the display. Not as bright as before. Reading about this, some say to remove fuse, to reboot the radio. Others say to open door, for 30 secs, turn switch on, check display.
others say remivevradio,Then faceplate and add solder to 8 solder points behind display itself, meaning bad solder job?

Anybody experiencing similar effects of the display

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I have this exact issue also. This is the 2nd truck that it has done it on.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this exact issue also. This is the 2nd truck that it has done it on.
I’ve done nothing with the radio. Just remove sunglasses to read the clock,time.
I understand the fix could be simple, just reintroduce solder to a PCB on/in the radio. Getting radio out of dash not easy, doing solder job not easy for this old fella.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Well I don't have to have the display as I know what buttons to push in the correct order to get what I want it to do so I don't see myself trying to do any soldering in the near future. I did however, beat it into submission with my fist and the display came back on. For how long is a good guess but it is good to know that will do the trick if I really need to see the display.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tapped hard on the radio….no change. I would suppose if one hits it hard enough could “reset” the elec contacts of the radio, and light it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts