The Diesel Stop banner

Radio Rattles

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  aldonsaaleta 
#1 ·
Anybody have radio that rattles? It the in dash CD-6. It sounds like what a cassette tape left in the tape deck would sound like. Mainly occurs during first 10 miles or so in the morning. It will go away if you push in on the face of the radio. Dealer has looked at it 2X, and has stuffed foam packing in there to absorb voids. Sound has come back. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
Don't know if this will help, but it may be that there are some dash panel screws loose, and it's not the radio. I had to remove the dash panel to do a mod, and it came off without removing the radio. But, the panel had two screw slotts in the plastic flange that went above the radio. Before I replaced the panel, I removed the radio, and found two loose screws that were supposed to secure the dash panel. I replaced the panel, tightened the screws, and then inserted the radio.

#3 ·
Shamuex: Thanks for tbe info. How do you remove the radio? It has those two holes on each side, but appears to need a special tool?

#5 ·
You can make your own out of thick coat hanger wire. Make a horseshoe shaped piece for each side. The wires need to be pushed into the holes about an inch to release the retainer tabs inside. Once you feel the wires stop, you might then have to push the wires slightly outward (push the left wires to the left, and the right wires to the right) while you pull the radio towards you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.