The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 f350 7.3 super duty
Engine light was on, code said #1 injector, replaced and no more engine light. Always seems to start right up when it's cold. (Everytime it's died, it starts back up after it sits a good while)
No codes, no loss of power, just random stalls, sometimes it doesn't start after I shut it off, sometimes it just dies driving down the road. After it sits for an hour or so it fires back up, like nothing ever happened?
Here's what I've done so far.
  • Make sure oil level was ok
  • Replace IPC Sensor
  • Rebuild IPR
  • Replaced camshaft position sensor
I'm going to check my fuel pressure to the filter bowl but, it doesn't seem like a fuel issue, it just dies, no coughing, no sputtering, no rpm changes, it just dies?

·
Premium Member
14,941 Posts
Classic for a failing IPR coil. When you rebuilt yours, you probably used your old coil. Next time it dies, pour cold water over the coil and see if it won't start right back up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Classic for a failing IPR coil. When you rebuilt yours, you probably used your old coil. Next time it dies, pour cold water over the coil and see if it won't start right back up.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, it took a while for the truck to die again but, it finally quit on me today. I tried to restart and no go, gave it a nice cold drink of bottled water and it fires right up! Thank you for your help, problem solved!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts