The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rats chewed my harness connectors at the firewall and at the fuse box. My question is: Do these harnesses plug into the fuse box and can I just replace the harnesses? I have not look closely how they connect, but a couple of years ago they got my engine harness and I replaced it. Ford told me they no longer make or stock any of the harnesses.

·
Premium Member
9,596 Posts
Your best chance at repairing it would be to find someone that is parting out a truck. Either that or a junkyard. It would also be best if you can find one from a 95 since there were little changes throughout the years.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
^ like bugman said.

last week i took the truck on Friday for going into town. next morning (Saturday), I received some parts form RR so open the hood to install them and a big rat was sitting on top of the engine looking at me.... first tough was to get the 12ga but i decide to go with the stick lol he did had time to make himself a nice bed with the insulation of the firewall but i was lucky he didn't eat any wiring

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I would NOT toss in a different harness. On gassers, I've found MANY undocumented changes among the years, and factory wiring diagram errors. Repairing that harness (AFTER calling an exterminator to get rid of the rats) is your best, quickest, easiest, & cheapest move. This & the NEXT several pics show a repair I did after thieves used a sawzall on a harness:

Your damage is much less-severe. This & the NEXT several show some extensive mods I did to my car's wiring using near-factory wire & stripe colors:

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
The builder of this nest actually tore the hood blanket from my F250 and then ran over to my CRV and built his nest all in one night.

The second night he succumbed to several broken vertebrae.

The good thing about packrats is they are solitary by nature so there was only one.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts