The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
One more. I tried to bedt to get the CPS picture on my back with a cell phone and flash light.... cant tell if I got it honestly. Looks gray

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I noticed a few days ago that my oil was a little low. I brought it up to middle of the hash Mark's. Maybe a quart or 3. Checked it this morning and it's no longer on the stick.

Not sure what massive oil consumption precludes to. Read a few post and one of the things is injector o-rings. The truck leaks a drop or two now and then but not much. There is a slight smoke at start up but I do not notice it after that

-Andrew

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Over the weekend I replaced the orings on the injectors. I hope it fixes the oil consumption problem. My truck was starting to make a weird almost hollow clunk on startup.

That seems to have gone away after the injectors and glow plugs.

However the original noise is still there while accelerating. It goes away if you lift your foot and accelerate again. I noticed the truck dosent seem to make the noise if it's in neutral. But soon as you put it in gear there is a noticeable noise difference by the bell housing... Flex plate maybe?

-Andrew

-

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response but that is a grey CPS. There are aftermarket CPS of a similar color so I can’t swear it is a genuine IH/Motorcraft; however, the moldind design does appear similar to the genuine shape rather than aftermarket.

Never hurts to buy a spare from Ford and keep it in your glove box with a 10-mm wrench.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sorry for the delayed response but that is a grey CPS. There are aftermarket CPS of a similar color so I can’t swear it is a genuine IH/Motorcraft; however, the moldind design does appear similar to the genuine shape rather than aftermarket.

Never hurts to buy a spare from Ford and keep it in your glove box with a 10-mm wrench.
Will definitely grab one in the near future and toss it in the truck box. I keep a small tool box for just in case stuff.

Now my concern seems to be the noise coming from the bell housing area. Pretty sure the noise in the original video while accelerating is coming from there

·
Registered
33 Posts
I may be worth doing a careful check of the entire exhaust system front to back (under) for any cracked pipes, hangers, and connections. Experienced a similar rpm-dependent noise on the wife's diesel sedan...turned out to be a crack where an exhaust hanger was welded to the pipe. The pipe was cracked diagonally and 1/2 of the circumference, almost like a 1/2 spiral...would only rattle around 1800 rpm. It took using a small crow bar to tension the hanger/pipe connection before the crack was visible, manually all felt tight. Hopefully its nothing major

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So... new flex plate and torque converter went in this weekend. The noise is still there. ****ty but atleast those two items are off the to do list for now. 🏼

21 - 29 of 29 Posts