The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 f250 6.7 with 1900 miles on it. Since day one I've noticed there's a noise when it's idling. Sounds almost like a pulley. I took it to ford and after putting chassis ears on it they said it was coming from the vacuum pump. After replacing the pump the noise is still there. I agree it sounds like something from the vacuum pump because when you pump the brakes the noise increases. I did pull one of the vacuum lines off and the noise was a little less but stil there. I'm not sure what it could be cause I doubt I got a bad pump from the factory and another bad pump installed but I don't know what else it to do. Hopefully someone will know what could be the cause of this because it's driving me crazy. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
352 Posts
The vacuum pump is driven off the high press pump gear. if its fuel knock it could be pressure spikes within the sys and the noise gets transferd to the vac pump. just a thought..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tech was able to hear the noise and said that as long as it's pulling vacuum there is a howling noise. As soon as he unclipped one of the lines the noise stopped. He is gonna call the ford hotline and see what they say and get back with me. I did mention the tsb and he will see if maybe that's it. What does the tsb say to do to get rid of the fuel knock?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts