The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the parking brake cable at the pedal is obsolete. Ran a locate and called NJ, NY and WV, all showing 1. “Says were showing 1 but can’t find it” I get a Raybestos. No rubber grommet on cable to seal it at the floor. End does fit into the Ford intermediate cable. The front cable ( the one I am referring to in this threa), it’s inner cable’s diameter is less than half of the Ford. I’ve seen thicker cables used on compact cars! I also bought the two rear cables. It didn’t have the wire hangers that are bent onto the Ford. I call Raybestos. “ It didn’t come with the hangers”. “ No sir, They do not. You have to get them off your cable somehow and somehow get them into the new cable”. I did and had to wire wheel, prime, paint, bend on and repaint because they were rusty and this is a restoration.
What are you guys using?
I look at Dorman’s on line. Cable appears to be thicker than Raybestos but I have no idea how they think whatever that thing on the cable is going to seal the hole in the floor. It looks like somebody on crack said, Here, use this thing”.
Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Wood Gas Electric blue Machine

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
What vehicle are these for? It won't be easy, but some silicone grease on the floor grommet will probably allow you to fight it off one cable & onto the other.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up getting the Dorman. It’s cable is thicker but it has that stupid foam piece for the floor. I just ordered a 4 pack of these puppies for $14 from Amazon. It’s a firewall grommet. The hole in the floor is 7/8”. This goes into a 1.25 hole. I have a step drill bit to handle that task. It’ll be fine as frogs’ hair.
Microphone Electrical wiring Cable Wire Electrical supply

Camera accessory Auto part Font Metal Coil spring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts