The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sounds weird, but I'm not sure what to think of it. I took the time to re-do the door wiring after the old alarm system went belly up, and installed new door actuators on all 4 doors. I also installed a new basic JVC radio and re-programmed 2 remotes (there's another post on all of this). I did as the instructions said on the remotes and went from stop to run on the ignition 8 times in 10 seconds, with it on run on the 8th try. In the process of doing that, the locks went from unlock to lock like they should during that process, but did it somewhere on the 4th or 5th turn of the key. I tried the remotes after the 8th turn, and they didn't work. I did the 8 stop/run turns on the ignition again, and the locks did like they were supposed to this time. Both remotes now lock and unlock, and the horn does a slight beep on the second push of the remote lock. I then turned on the a/c, and crickets. I pulled the radio out thinking I might have hit a plug somewhere since the radio install is right over the a/c switches, but everything looked ok. Did the re-programming of the remotes affect the a/c blower motor and by extension the GEM ? Sounds weird but I don't have another explanation. The 40A maxi-fuse for the blower under the hood was fine. I'm stumped :confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts