The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason and moderators,
Could the private forums be made to be read-only? I tend to be a "read-only" kind of guy to gain knowledge and do not post many replies or questions. Prior to the new web site being brought on-line, I recognized many of the contributors and learned who seemed to have the most knowledge. Since the new web-site, I seemed to have lost track of some of those individuals and assume that they have moved to a private forum. I would like to still have access to that knowledge without cluttering up the website with "stupid" questions. Read-only access seems like a good way to do that. What do you think?
MJM in rainy Western Oregon

------------------
93 F350 7.3L IDI Turbo, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5-speed, 3:55, stock, 80K miles;
83 MBZ 300D Turbo Diesel, 229K miles;
86 Chevy C20 6.2L Diesel, 122K miles;
70 Torino GT, 429, C6, 3:00, 58K original miles

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mjm:
Jason and moderators,
Could the private forums be made to be read-only? ... I would like to still have access to that knowledge without cluttering up the website with "stupid" questions. Read-only access seems like a good way to do that. What do you think?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is only one "private forum", and it's for website Administrators to discuss website policy related to certain members or situations. There is no useful knowledge that you're missing in that forum.

There are several archives that are now read-only. None of those are private. You can already search them or bring them up and read them.

So if you're not talking about the private forum for Administrators (moderators and editors), then which forums did you have in mine?

------------------
Ford-Diesel.com is a member-supported website, for more info: Click here. ........ Ole retired guy in west Texas with Darling Wife and Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts