The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKAY so I've got my eye on a new 2015 supercab 250 XLT 6.7, FX4.
With all the rebate I can get about $12000 knocked off.

I've read about some of the problems such as the engine knocking issue, bad HPFPs etc.. Is there something such as build date I can look for to help weed out a potential disaster or do I just roll the dice? There's also good deals around here for 2016s but they only have super crews, I really want a supercab.

Or.... keep my car for now.

TIA

Jeff

·
Registered
247 Posts
The problems with any vehicle seem blown out of proportion on forums as almost nobody starts a thread saying they've had no problems. I went through that with my 2015 Powerstroke and with my 2011 F150 Ecoboost before that. Most problems with the Ecoboost were spark plug related.
The point is that it is a solid platform and you are getting a great deal. Go for it!

Reactions: davang55

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
As a former 11' owner and a current 15' owner, if you need it, get it.. 12k off is a good deal, especially if it's the truck you want.. This being said, if your not in a hurry, i would hold out for the next generation of truck.. The deal wont be as good at first, but i would bet towards the end of 16', there will be some deals on them also.. Unless it's changed, i understand the new body will be mid 16'..

Reactions: davang55

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The fuel pump on the 15/16 is different then the 11-14s... I have only seen couple people on the forums in the past 18-20 months post about their fuel pump going out (far less then the 11-14s) and most if not all were covered under warranty. Frankly if you are concerned about protecting the fuel pump, get a Dieselsite fuel filter system and never look back...

As far as the regen issue.. it is not common but it is an issue that people are seeing and there is no VIN range on this issue. It happened with the 11-14s then seemed to quiet down a bit... and then started to happen again on the 15-16s.. If you are one of the unlucky ones.... well you are going to be really pissed off but there far more people who are trouble free and love the truck.

With everything I know, I'd still do it all over again and keep smiling every time I drive it.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'd go with a 2016 . I'm getting rid of my 2014 and 2015's this month. Scott Pratt will have them on his lot I'm sure

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd go with a 2016 . I'm getting rid of my 2014 and 2015's this month. Scott Pratt will have them on his lot I'm sure
why the change outlaw? just wondering if anything drastic is changing to consider a 16?

and to the op, i'd get it. 12K is 12K and a damm good truck. Dieselman 77 hit the nail on the head on post #5.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took the advice guys and got the truck. Thanks so much. The actual discount came to around $ 11,500. Their automated email system inadvertently doubled a $1500 factory incentive and when I showed the email to the salesman as we were going over the numbers he turned white as a sheet. Sales manager wasn't too happy either.

So next question, should I add one of the FORD extended (ESP) warranties. It already has 5/100,000 for the engine and 5/60,000 for the powertrain. I can get a Premcare ( covers evrything?) 6/125,000 for $2300 and a 6/150,000 for $3300. Not sure if that's worth it. Also not sure if the EGR coolers are covered either?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
0:)
Took the advice guys and got the truck. Thanks so much. The actual discount came to around $ 11,500. Their automated email system inadvertently doubled a $1500 factory incentive and when I showed the email to the salesman as we were going over the numbers he turned white as a sheet. Sales manager wasn't too happy either.

So next question, should I add one of the FORD extended (ESP) warranties. It already has 5/100,000 for the engine and 5/60,000 for the powertrain. I can get a Premcare ( covers evrything?) 6/125,000 for $2300 and a 6/150,000 for $3300. Not sure if that's worth it. Also not sure if the EGR coolers are covered either?

Jeff
If you are going to put on lots of miles the warranty will be well worth it. Six years and 150,000 miles for $3300 is not bad. By all odds out of pocket will be close to $50,000 in engine repairs by that time. $3300 is a heck of a discount.

·
Registered
61 Posts
3300$ is a steal.. just make sure and ask all the questions before signing on the dotted line. from what i hear everything should be covered. Including emissions systems. Now since these systems are usually designed to last only about 100-110k miles you being withing warranty you can get all new equipment and go from there for another 100K. i mean in theory it all sounds good but you know how that is.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Good deal...my dealer got $3300 from me for 6/125K ......good dealer thou so let them have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts