The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1999.5 F250 7.3. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that when I was driving it and used the turn signals, the driver side is fine but the right or passenger side blinker comes on but does not blink. Just solid on. Now, the emergency flashers work. Inside and out. Ok so I switched out the flasher relay behind the dash. Went through the ash tray. No improvement. So I bought and replaced the multi function switch (with the turn signals and high beams I think?) Anyway, still no improvement. Still on- no flash.
Side note: around the same time as the flasher issue arose, I decided to remove the old set of fog lights that have not worked in ages. I found that the way that they were powered was to attach them with a pinch connection to one of the headlight wires--on the same side as my current issue. I removed the pinch connection and taped it up. Might that be related? Tyia!

·
Registered
2000 Ford F-250 flatbed 7.3L power stroke with a 4 way chip and 6 spd manual tranny. 285/75/16 A/T
111 Posts
It might have been a secondary ground wire but haven't ever heard this problem before.. @klhansen might be able to give u a better idea but thats what i think

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might have been a secondary ground wire but haven't ever heard this problem before.. @klhansen might be able to give u a better idea but thats what i think
Something I found today.... I decided to check the fuse for the turn signal. #1 fuse. Pulled it. Fuse is fine but... The turn signal that is acting up comes on! Stays on. Like it has been doing. The left signal does nothing, like I would think it should with the fuse pulled. So! What the heck does that mean? That it's on another circuit? I was going to start pulling fuses to see if any of them affect the staying on turn signal. But I don't know if that's a good idea. I'd do them one at a time obviously. But still. I'm pretty sure I caused this somehow when I removed the old fog lights but I don't know how😢

·
Super Moderator
26,153 Posts
Fuse #1 is the power for the flasher relay, not the lights themselves.

Here are some wiring diagrams that might help you, they're from '01 but should be the same as your truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuse #1 is the power for the flasher relay, not the lights themselves.

Here are some wiring diagrams that might help you, they're from '01 but should be the same as your truck.
Thanks. My phone is having a hard time with those files but I will try the computer.
Is there another fuse for the lights and not the relay?
I also checked and the trailer connection is doing the same thing. Meaning that if the truck is connected to the my trailer, the turn signal comes on but doesn't flash.
Thank you very much for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts