The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have seen a few threads about air bags. I do have air bags on my 97 F350, those Firestones mount from the frame to the top of the leaf spring pack. However I see that with most systems now on the 2015 they use the flared base of the bump stop to mount the airbags. Does anyone know of a system that does not use this? I would also be looking for a spacer as seen in the link below. You can also see the mount for the 2015 vs the 97 in the images below.

Any help would be appreciated!
2015 Install view from Hogs Head Area

1997 Install

Air Lift Spacers:
Air Lift 52460 6in Spacer Straight Spacer Kit

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 15 and took my bump stop off because the air bag bolted in it's place. Not sure why you would need a bump stop with air bags. You can see from the photo that the springs on a 97 are inboard the frame and the 15 springs are under the frame.
The actual bump stop would be removed but I guess the original 1.5" block that is under the leaf springs has a wing that sticks out. It seems that most Air Lift and other systems utilize that wing as the base point for the airbag. Thats what has been removed from my truck.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can see from the photo that the springs on a 97 are inboard the frame and the 15 springs are under the frame.
The 1997 Install is directly on top of the spring pack and utilizes square bolts and plates to attach to the overload spring. The 2015 is inside of the spring pack located almost directly under the frame the only ones I can find use the bump stop wing pictured in my other reply above.

· Registered
967 Posts
The pictures that Huston Trim posted are the part that the bump stop stops on. Bump stop is bolted to the frame and those pictures Huston posted are what the bump stop hits. They are bolted between the spring and axle. I guess when they did the lift they didn't replace them and took them off. If you want them back again take your vin to the dealer and they can get them for you.

My air bags have a mount that goes over this shoe horn thing so you don't have to remove it. Trying to upload photos will post mine later

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pictures that Huston Trim posted are the part that the bump stop stops on. Bump stop is bolted to the frame and those pictures Huston posted are what the bump stop hits. They are bolted between the spring and axle. I guess when they did the lift they didn't replace them and took them off. If you want them back again take your vin to the dealer and they can get them for you.

My air bags have a mount that goes over this shoe horn thing so you don't have to remove it. Trying to upload photos will post mine later
Ill post a picture of my setup tomorrow. Currently just adding in the winged block really isn't an easy option with the current lift kit. I'm working with a suspension company to try and find a block that will build it into the lift setup as adding it would add another 2" lift to the rear. If you don't mind post pictures of your setup when you can. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.